All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Anytime, Beth. new
      #191659 - 07/05/05 05:55 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

One of these days, when I stop being so agoraphobic I'll go back to my original plan/path which was to become a HOLISTIC HEALTH PRACTITIONER. I got distracted by going to University and anxiety and life and IBS. OH GAD!!! But, I'm going out more and feeling less "uptight" and more me again.

Re: High silica foods I eat

I EAT SPINACH and greens like they're going out of style. I don't eat them raw. Yes, cress is watercress. I use herbs, too which are high in silica. Wholegrains--the uncut stuff--are too pain inducing/D triggers, so I don't really eat them. Most things are peeled, although I do confess I love the skins. I eat beets and carrots and berries when I'm stable and the list goes on and on. I love squashes/zucchini. Onions, are out. I used to be a sprout freak, but they caused too much D for me.

Fruit/veggies help build collegan which is important for bone strength, too. THEY ARE FULL OF MINERALS.

You can find silica gel at a Health Food Store. Mine is made by "NakaHerbs." Go to www.nakaherbs.com. Also, there are other companies that make it, so you're not limited by this supplier.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Okay, now I have to ask... new
      #191668 - 07/05/05 06:46 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What foods are high in B vitamins?

And what brand liquid cal/mag do you take? I cannot find one that does not contain fructose and orange juice. Thank you so much for your time!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

So the Silica gel is... new
      #191670 - 07/05/05 06:54 AM
Augie

something you digest, not a gel you rub on your body?

Any particular herbs?

And do you still get the silica in the fruits and veggies if you peel them? I think you peel yours, right?

You would make a fantastic Holistic Health Practioner...I think you already are acting as one, Kate. You have been a wealth of information and guidance to us all!

Thank you!

Oh, I wanted to ask you a totally different question. I know you say that you had bad anxiety, maybe depression and trouble sleeping? Can I ask what meds you take to help any or all of these problems? I have super high anxiety, some depression, and big time sleep problems (I currently take Lexapro, klonopin, and valerian). But I'm not too happy with the results/side effects. You seem much more calmer and happier...so I was wondering what your regime was...I know we are all different, but it couldn't hurt to bring some of your meds up to my doctor for consideration. If this is too personal, I understand. Or you could send me a personal email at deerbeth@yahoo.com.

Thanks again, Kate.

--------------------
~ Beth

Edited by Augie (07/05/05 06:58 AM)

Oatmeal! new
      #191672 - 07/05/05 07:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oatmeal's great for B vitamins..at least my instant one is.

Thanks Linz, but... new
      #191695 - 07/05/05 07:36 AM
Augie

Unfortunately, my current GF diet prohibits Oatmeal. The instant, especially is the unsafest for contamination.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: So the Silica gel is... new
      #191894 - 07/05/05 01:12 PM
Wind

I take the gel orally, although I have used it topically. I don't take the gelatin caps. Sometimes I mix it with a little applesauce. Mostly, though I just put some on a spoon and down it.

Re: Herbs. It really depends on my mood! I love dill, parsley, basil. Those usually appear, daily. I love Rosemary and thyme and french lavender and summer savory. I think I love to smell good things! My spirit literally needs the little infusion from nature.

I do notice that my hair grew faster when I ate sprouts, i.e. alfalfa, radish, mung bean, broccoli, mustard, baby onion. I was formerly a raw vegan prior to IBS and did my own sprouting. I also ate alot of sea veggies, then. Me and my passion for immature/miniature plants!!! Basically, now, I determine my intake of skins based on the day. I've been known to eat a whole bunch of herbs for lunch!!! Fear not, there is sf involved! Herbal tea or herbal soup? Herbal smoothie? Basically I consume a lot of chlorophyll.
I truly know that it improves my mood. It makes you look younger, too!

For anxiety, I take BUSPAR. Run a search on it. I highly recommend it for anxiety. I'm actually going out again. Everyday, I let myself venture beyond the cushioned prison of my fear. I meditate and I do yoga and I'm getting out for walks again. I take anti-convulsant drugs for epilepsy and bipolar disorder and steroids for asthma. By following a natural diet, I am symptom free of epilepsy. My MOOD, my depressiveness is better, too. Input relates to output!

I'll email you, later; You truly make a difference, Beth.
You're a regular IBS detective, and I suspect MUCH MORE THAN THAT!!!

Re: Oatmeal! new
      #191895 - 07/05/05 01:13 PM
Wind

Oatmeal is full of silica and B-vitamins! You're right about that, Linz! Why do you think horses have such glorious manes and strong skeletons!!!

Horses and naturopathy and stability new
      #191898 - 07/05/05 01:20 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I never thought about the horses...those beautiful, magnifect animals! Have you ever rid one? (is that correct english? or should it be rode or ridden?)

Beth is right! You seem prett stable Kate! Whatever you are taking/doing should be an example for us all!

Beth... I am sorry I was never able to help you. As you can see...I'm not doing so well myself *hugs* I know we'll make it!!! We just have to keep asking for help when we need it...

Love to all,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Beth--instead of oatmeal,,, new
      #191904 - 07/05/05 01:29 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I think one of the B vitamins for skin and hair found in oatmeal is biotin. However, it's also found in rice, bananas, and greens. (Have you tried one of Kate's purees yet?)

Re: What foods are high in silica?- Did you use a supplement? new
      #288741 - 11/01/06 06:53 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Did you use a silica supplement or just silica rich foods? I have osteopenia and am trying to reverse it. IBS-A

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18435

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review