All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Oh for sure....ice cold, caffeine and MILK!! But new
      #191058 - 07/02/05 10:27 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I have NEVER not made it to the bathroom, or not been aware that my guts have turned liquid!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yep, Total idiot moment...I knew the risks... new
      #191059 - 07/02/05 10:30 AM
_Willow

the baking soda and water is an old family remedy for gas. I guess that alone could have done it. i ahven't taken it in ages. The mere thought makes me gag, but it actually went DOWN.....

but the Iced Capp was pure stupidity. It was hot, and they are SOOOO good!!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I don't TOUCH coffee anymore...but the combo of sweet and cold... new
      #191063 - 07/02/05 10:34 AM
_Willow

and the fact that I userd to have them every day and it didn't bother me, and the fact that I was stable, and it's not real coffee, and it's syrup....made me think, "why not just once"...but the real culprit was the MILK. So stupid. i KNOW that dairy sends me to D within a day every time. Soooooostupid. Usually not within 15 minutes though!!!

I'll have you all know it tasted darn good but I sure paid for my sins!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oh Carol, poor sweetie.... new
      #191064 - 07/02/05 10:40 AM
_Willow

No KIDDING you are stressed. God, I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been for you. I'm not going to pry with questions because I'm sure you would NOT like that right now, but if you need to talk, I'm there for you.

Hang in there, sweetie.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Will do!! new
      #191065 - 07/02/05 10:42 AM
_Willow

um, after I eat this outback food I couldn't finish yesterday. I may be hanging around the house today too!!LOL...I know, I'm a total utter idiot!! I usually don't have a sense of smell or taste, and I never get to eat my favorite outback food, but right now I have BOTH...so.... I will not complain if it happens agian!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

WHOA!!!!! new
      #191066 - 07/02/05 10:45 AM
_Willow

Ok, mine never comes THAT fast! Poor you!! holy doodle. It was in my tummy already, but yep, sucks. You're right, we are human, and sometimes, we just need the sin, you know?? I did my penance-in my car, at the restaurant, unfortunately.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I can totally relate! new
      #191072 - 07/02/05 11:43 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

two weeks ago, I was actually a little C and thought I'd have a cold latte( 'cause I miss them soooooo much) and thought it might not hurt. WRONG!!!!!! ohmygosh, it took me three days to come out of my attack! It was the first time in months that I'd had coffee but I did use soy milk, though I did put I bit of whipped cream on it. I don't know WHAT I was thinking crazy: Just proved to me not to try that again.

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: Penance new
      #191079 - 07/02/05 01:34 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Over twelve hours have passed, Shannon, and I am still doing my penance...genuflecting in front of the toilet, holding on to my belly. I sure feel like a big bad pot of java, right about now or hitting an expresso bar. I used to love those chocolate covered expresso beans. Nothing like expresso and bittersweet dark chocolate. Alas, I am an IBS sinner and I suspect that I'll still be paying the price until tomorrow, Sunday. Seriously, the chocolate only passed through my lips, like a late night lover and man...it literally melted in my pants!!!I didn't get a chance to really really enjoy the chocolate. It's been so long since I've deviated in the chocolate way. I just had to have it and well...now it's having me. I'm not kidding, when I say some of my triggers only need to make contact with my tongue. Keep all dairy away from me, too. Give me a salad with real dressing or a tsp. of fat and I start thinking of pampers and wet wipes. Immodium isn't strong enough for this nasty, nasty, attacks.
I'm not going to cheat for awhile.

Shannon, you are one brown cow girl, today--n.t. new
      #191080 - 07/02/05 01:36 PM
Wind

Re: Baking soda remedy new
      #191082 - 07/02/05 01:39 PM
Wind

I've heard of it and do it,too. It's supposed to be "alkalizing." I get gurgles, too, incidentally. Baking soda is also good for plugged up drains.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1554 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18487

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review