Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For Ruchie re: Recent Cravings/stress/ B12
      #190441 - 06/30/05 05:06 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ruchie:

1. You are craving fats.
2. You seem to be craving protein, or at least very concerned/preoccupied with it (egg/egg-white issue).
3. You have experimented with veganism.
4. You mentioned something about consuming chicken and having "issues" about that (i.e. not feeling well).
5. YOU'RE STRESSED OUT.

I know you're not consuming fortified soy products, either.
So, this leads me to wonder...are you taking vitamin B12? This is only in animal foods. Could this be a factor in your protein/egg concerns and your chicken situation? Vegans/vegetarians need to take Vitamin B12! You'll get anemic if you don't! I get shots of the stuff as I don't absorb it effectively. You get even more stressed out and depressed if you don't take this vitamin, as well. So, consider a vitamin B12 supplement very seriously.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For Ruchie re: Recent Cravings/stress/ B12 new
      #190469 - 06/30/05 07:28 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Could not getting enough vitmain B 12 and vitmain D (or any vitmain for that matter!) give you infections...UTI's cold, etc? I seem to have yet another UTI! I find they go away with loads of cranberry juice and water. And more water...WATER!

How much vitmain B-12 do we need? I wish I could afford to go back to the naturopath. *sigh* I'm so glad I have you guys to be my doc for now

I did a search on amino acids...and it mentions 5HTP. I plan to begin taking that again (I went off many vitamins/supps for money to try and save some...seems I just can't do that right now).

Oh! Can taking too much zinc give you a UTI? I seem to have a pattern: I get a cold, take loads of zinc, cold taken care of, UTI appears! Any ideas here?

Thanks again for your help/advice!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruch; new
      #190656 - 06/30/05 01:25 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

It might stand to reason that that's the reason. Heym if I get a bcterial infection, take loads of antibiotics, and then every single time, get a YEAST(wah!) infections, then for sure it's possible there's a zinc/UTI connection. maybe it's hard on your bladder or leaves something irritating behind???

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: For Ruchie re: B12 notes new
      #190682 - 06/30/05 02:23 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

They recommend 2.0-2.4 micrograms of Vitamin B12 daily for adult women. I also read something interesting re: Proton Pump Inhibitors and other gut drugs (H2 receptor antagonists) nterfering with the absorption of B12. B12 is produced by the bacteria in the fermenting chamers of the digestive system, so that makes complete sense.

B12 deficiency is a type of anemia, and I have it/have had it, i.e. I get shots because I don't absorb it. Interestingly enough, C is a side effect of B12 deficiency.
Most of the effects are neurological/cerebral and spinal. Depression, mood etc. is also effected. Tingling, shortness of breath, hallucinations, paranoia, etc. These are extreme cases. Basically, B12 is essential for the manufacturing of red blood cells.

Cranberry caps. are good for UTI's. That and lots of fluid.

Just a few more thoughts. I AM NOT A DOCTOR/hahaha "Not-a-Doctor?!"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 838 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 674

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review