All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: abdominal pain new
      #19761 - 09/05/03 03:51 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

The abdominal and pelvic ultrasounds were both normal. So I've been referred to a gastroenterologist...unfortunately his first appointment wasn't till Sept. 15th! I'm feeling better--I think it's the Prevacid--I think I have an ulcer. The Symax hasn't helped the four times I've taken it. Anyway, I'll let you know what I find out....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#19762 - 09/05/03 03:57 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Glad the results were normal and that you're feeling better.

Hope you're 9/15 goes well. Let us know how you make out.

#19781 - 09/06/03 12:22 AM
Will

Reged: 01/25/03
Loc: Seattle, Wa

Hi Tess,

Isn't it funny how good news can be bad at the same time? I am glad your tests came back ok but I know you are sitting there thinking that it would almost have been better if something showed up, then you at least would have something to grab onto and work with.

When I was sick, the best medicine in the world was knowing that people care about you. I think you can definitly OD here on the boards.

Will

Re: Feeling for you.. new
      #19783 - 09/06/03 03:25 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

.. I'm so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I think it's possible it could be IBS related. Sometimes when I have a really bad attack I get that pain under my ribs and into the chest cavity. My stomach swells even more than usual (bloating is my absolute enemy) and it can go on for days without C or D. I don't know why and haven't been able to figure out what brings it on.

Having said that though, I still think it is a terrific idea for you to go back to a GE and have things checked further. Similiar symptoms can spell different problems for different people so it's good to be sure and rule other things out.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping it eases soon. Please let us know how you get on,
Kerrie

P.S Stress is a real biggy for me, if it's not under control it's all downhill from there! Do you have a stress management plan?

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3315

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review