All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Salad Dressings for Pasta
      #189321 - 06/26/05 07:48 PM
Safari567

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

Hi! Can someone please suggest safe salad dressings? Are dressings like caesar and ranch safe in small amounts? For me that is the simplest way to prepare different pasta salads to take for lunch, especially since I get sick of always eating the same thing. Does anyone have any other simple lunch ideas?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Salad Dressings for Pasta new
      #189341 - 06/26/05 09:15 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I know some of us have had good luck with Smart Ones/Weight Watchers turkey & green beans frozen dinner. I sometimes add some rice or sliced mushrooms to it for some soluble fiber. For snacks, I bring baby carrots and and apple sauces. Check out the safe foods sticky note at the top of the forum. There's a lot of ideas there. Good luck.

Caesar and Ranch are definitely NOT safe new
      #189370 - 06/27/05 03:38 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

They contain dairy, which is an IBS no-no.

What I do for pasta salads that's very simple and just takes a minute (thanks for the idea, Kree!) is to mix equal amounts of fat-free mayo and a safe Italian-type salad dressing (I use Just2Good). Whisk them together till smooth and voila - creamy tasty pasta salad dressing.

#189371 - 06/27/05 03:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you like spicy, a bit of sweet chilli sauce is good. I usually use LF mayo and herbs/garlic salt...but I'll be trying Casey/Kree's suggestion now - sounds yummy!

For salad-like stuff, I usually use a teeny bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar - scrummy!

#189465 - 06/27/05 08:56 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Here's a link to a really easy dressing you can make yourself. Simply omit the ingredients you don't have. It'll work. It's totally yummy and will last several days in the fridge and will be good for lunches. web page

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#189554 - 06/27/05 12:10 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi.
On salad dressings - what about a light balsamic vinagrette or a light honey mustard (but check for dairy).
On lunches - I bring in leftovers and nuke in the microwave almost every day. Smoothies are also yummy. Apple sauce cups are convenient and luna bars are good too. Rice is also a good soluable fiber base for lots of different veggies or chicken.
Good luck!

#189559 - 06/27/05 12:23 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Flavoured vinegars are delightful as pasta/noodle salad dressings. Nakano seasoned rice vinegar is a favourite of mine. A good balsalmic goes a long way. I adore dijon mustards. Fresh lemon, lime, sea salt, herbs. If I feel like something creamy or thicker, I'll take a bit of carrot puree or beet or zucchini puree and add herbs/vinegar for a little tang. Chutneys/salsas are great, too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1166 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 655

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review