All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Just venting!
      #187702 - 06/21/05 07:00 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The unpredictability of our guts just drives me bonkers. Last Sunday, I totally out of the blue went D again. I thought maybe it was because I'd been working so hard outdoors in the heat and humidity. Nope.

A few days later I was still D. I blamed it on my period. Nope.

A few days after THAT I was STILL D! I blamed it on my diet somehow (ok, I admit it, I wasn't being quite as careful as I should be), and went back to "what to eat when you can't eat anything". Nope.

It's been 10 days and I'm STILL D!!! No pain, thankfully, but liquid 7-8 times a day and Imodium is doing absolutely NOTHING. I'm so aggravated I could just scream. I guess this is what I get for saying I had finally mostly stablized!

I have a dr's appointment on the 5th and he can't get me in any sooner, so I guess I just have to hang tight till then. And not leave the house, apparently, because I can't get away from the toilet for more than a few minutes.

Stupid body!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So sorry new
      #187703 - 06/21/05 07:03 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

Can you get your doctor to call in some Lomitil. It is the prescription strength Immodium. It seems to help me when I am having serious problem. I know how frustrating it can be. I am IBS-A and it either goes severly one way or the other with severe pain both ways.

I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Blech! I'm sorry new
      #187705 - 06/21/05 07:16 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Oh, yuck! I'm sorry *sending good gut vibes*
I hope things straighten out for you soon.

Re: Just venting! new
      #187708 - 06/21/05 07:24 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

You *were* under a lot of stress for that party!! Stupid body! Hang in there sweets!!! I'm sending you lots of love and hugs!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Sending good thoughts new
      #187716 - 06/21/05 07:46 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Sorry to hear that things are really acting up and causing problems for you. I hope that the D goes away soon. I find when it gets that bad I have to go with the Lomotil to stop it since the Immodium can't seem to do it for me. Hopefully that will work for you.

Nothing worse than being "chained" to a bathroom. I hope you can escape sooner than the 5th. *hugs*

-Michelle

{{{hugs}}} new
      #187722 - 06/21/05 08:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

That sounds like something else is to blame as well, like a virus. Hope it stops soon.

Re: You and I are in the same boat.... new
      #187749 - 06/21/05 08:48 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

After more than a year of being totally stabilized, I'm totally unstable. I've had D that is just totally water. Sorry if TMI. I can't stop it. That's why I've lost so much weight. I can't eat hardly anything. It's the med change, I know. It really sucks. Hang in there. Sometimes, there's no rhyme or reason for IBS. Sometimes, it throws you a curve ball and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Take good care of yourself and ride this rough wave through. Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#187776 - 06/21/05 09:18 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Maybe it's astrological? I don't get it because I'm in the same boat/dingy, too. I'm eating Immodium like candy. Maybe it's a virus? What can I say other than, I UNDERSTAND and am hanging out in the "water closet" a lot too. I think, though, for me it's the heat, mucous/allergies, astrological stress--birthdays, etc., including my own upcoming 31st, and medications all intertwined. It really sucks, eh? Don't you love trying to fake normal, too?
And, on top of that, I get so tangerine blazing angry that well, it's hard not to be my own adversary!!! Best wishes losing the D streak. Some days, it's like rolling a set of dice re: D. Just when you think you've got it mastered...

Kate (Wind, IBS-D).

#187793 - 06/21/05 09:55 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Casey--

I'm sorry you've been having D for so many days in a row and without an a clear trigger! I know how much that sucks! It's like one event or trigger causes a D attack which totally throws your body out of whack. I wish I could suggest something to help, but you know this diet and routine so much better than I do... It's sooo frustrating when you're doing everything right and you have an attack! It's this unpredictability that keeps me in a high state of anxiety.
Sometimes I want to yell at my body AND brain to "work together and get it right, dammit!"

Please take care and keep hydrated.

Sorry for your setback, hope it ends soon! -nt- new
      #187803 - 06/21/05 10:11 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Stupid bodies! new
      #187821 - 06/21/05 10:54 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I know, Casey, how irritating it is!
I was doing great, then had that C where it was at least soming out in marbles. Well, it got better yesterday, and today, it's marbles. MORE WATER!! I had a ton yesterday too. Aurgh!

I hope it gets better soon!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#187958 - 06/21/05 04:28 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Oh, Casey, I'm so bummed for you! Hope you can get in some daily hypno and some nice iced peppermint tea. This too shall pass...and hopefully not every 10 minutes...

--AC

#187962 - 06/21/05 04:31 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Hi Casey,

How are you? That is so anoying! I have been there, not quite as long, but for five days. I thought I was stable too, and them out of the blue... D! I can't stand it! Well, I hope everything is alright and I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#187972 - 06/21/05 05:11 PM
Violette

Reged: 05/03/05

You have my total sympathy. I too am sick of sticking close to home and my current best friend the toilet. I hope that your D goes away soon, it sounds like a really rough bout of it to be honest, especially since the immodium isn't helping. I have heard that they have prescriptions for even stronger meds though, so perhaps you need one just to get you back to being stablized, which I'm sure you will be soon. Again, best of luck!

#187973 - 06/21/05 05:13 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I was stble for months and the the C came back. I'm blaming it on stres and the heast!

Oy...not hving my injured left pointer finger to type with makes it TOUGH!

Sedning you love Csey *hugs* And GRWAT TUMMY DAYS!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Hugs on the way!!!! new
      #188026 - 06/21/05 08:17 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Awww Casey. That really sucks! I hate it how we can have infinate amounts of time with awful D for apparantly NO reason whatsoever Sending hugs and good thoughts your way. I hope it ends for you soon.

--------------------
Amy

Well, you are not alone at least....me too. new
      #188090 - 06/22/05 05:48 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Except mine is stress-related. I'm a C, not a D, but my gut has decided that stable is not much fun. Phoooey!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#188115 - 06/22/05 06:36 AM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Casey,
I hope you feel better soon. Are you sure you did not catch some kind of bug that won't give up? Hug on the way...
Terry

#188204 - 06/22/05 08:49 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm so sorry to hear this, Casey. I hope you feel better soon. It's a shame you have to wait so long to see a doctor, especially since it really does sound like a virus or bacteria that either just won't quit or at least stayed around long enough to destabilize you. I don't suppose there's a doc-in-the-box anywhere near you?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Doc-in-the-box - ROFL!! new
      #188233 - 06/22/05 09:07 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Unfortunately, no... the only doctor anywhere around here is the one I go to anyway. There's the ER, but I don't think it's *quite* that bad yet, you know? But I may end up calling my dr if I'm not feeling better by Friday - I'm now on Day 11 of D, and it turns out my appointment isn't till the 12th.

I've never in my life had a virus last more than a couple days, so this would be really bizarre if that's the case, but I guess weirder things have happened! I'm staying hydrated and getting a lot of rest, at least.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, everybody, and all my sympathies to bamagirl, Alicia, and anyone else I'm forgetting who's struggling with instability right now too. Stupid bodies!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4734 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1814

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review