Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Having a bad night.... new
      #18680 - 08/27/03 08:44 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hi Shell,

If you're like me (I also have IBS-C), I am usually extra constipated for a couple days after I take Immodium. This is why I only take Immodium when I have to be somewhere and cannot afford to have D. Maybe the constipation will continue through your trip to the beach?

As for the Citrucel, I recently just started Citrucel after my doctor told me she wanted me to stick with it until I see her in a month, whether they produce BMs or not. I had tried Citrucel a year ago and found it gave me horrible pains and D. I told my doctor this and she told me to start on a low dose and increase my dose slowly. I decided to start my fiber suppliments last week (after my vacation) and started with 2 pills a night. All last week, the only change that I noticed is that I don't have so much gas in the morning when I wake up.

This week, though, I have started taking 3 pills at night and have noticed that I don't have to strain as much when having BMs. I am hoping to start taking 2 pills in the morning and 2 pills at night next week, and if my body continues in the pattern so far, hopefully it will get better.

So my suggestion would be to start with a low dose, and although you may not see results instantly, your body might adjust to the new form of fiber that you're receiving. Hope this helps - and have a great trip to the beach!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#18689 - 08/27/03 09:51 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I am sorry I have no advice for what would be best here. I don't take any fibre supplements or anything.

But I just wanted to say I am sorry you are feeling so awful, I hope you can get it sorted out so you can ready to enjoy your trip.

Feel better soon,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#18736 - 08/27/03 04:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

angylroses

Thanks for all your info.....

I'm thinking that the immodium is not my friend either.

This morning I cut back to just one citrucil....and will take one more before dinner and see how that goes.

I did not really feel like eating at lunch today...I'm kind of feeling bloated and achy. I did eat a half of a ff pita pocket w/smoked turkey breast from the deli with nothing else on it with a small bottle of water. Then about 30 mins later I ate a ripe, cold peeled pear (YUMMY)....

I'll try chicken breast & white rice for dinner.... do you think that adding a chopped cooked green pepper to the mix would hurt??

I've had 2 BM's today....the 2nd one was small.... but at least things are moving

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#18739 - 08/27/03 04:38 PM
Shell Marr

Lana_Marie.... 1st off, I have to say... you look just like a girl I went to high school with. And 2nd thanks for your comments.

I'm crossing my fingers.... the thoughts of knowing I'm going to be on the beach soon will reduce my stress level and maybe take my mind off of not feeling well. At least this time I've had Heather and all of you here to turn to. This time last year when I got married.... all I had was my Dr who told me just to plan on having a bad tummy and take imodium with me. **NOTE: I was soooo happy about the wedding and my mind was so focussed on it being the greatest day of my life IT WAS But then it hit me on day 4 of our honeymoon but my hubby was so understanding..... by the 6th day I was fine!! And so was he {{wink wink}}

--------------------

#18817 - 08/28/03 07:25 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi,

You know I must have one of those common faces because I get more people telling me I look like So and So. It makes me laugh actually!

Have fun on the vacation and enjoy (wink wink) LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

We are hitting the road..... new
      #18904 - 08/28/03 03:41 PM
Shell Marr

We are hitting the road in about 5 hours.......

My tummy is still grumpy at me..... but I think it is getting better...... I've been real careful. I've had one more BM today and no more D.... so that is promising!!

I'm packed up with safe foods and I've requested menus in advance to any of the restaurants that we have reservations at.... so I have a plan

You all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend...... I'll check in Tues 2nd.

--------------------

Have a great trip! Happy Anniversary!! -nt- new
      #18918 - 08/28/03 05:51 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

changing from Metamucil to the Citrucel new
      #20298 - 09/11/03 09:51 AM
Shell Marr

I have to say.... changing from Metamucil to the Citrucel....the bloating & gas have reduced by about 90%....see all that time I was in pain....all I knew was it was helping with BM's so I did not want to change..... THANK YOU HEATHER for the info on Metamucil causing that!! (maybe not in everyone....but me for sure!!)

--------------------

Re: changing from Metamucil to the Citrucel new
      #20304 - 09/11/03 11:24 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Shell,
I did much better after switching to Citrucel. My doctor told me last December to get rid of the Metamucil because of the gas and bloating too.

Re: changing from Metamucil to the Citrucel new
      #20311 - 09/11/03 11:40 AM
Shell Marr

Oh good!! I hope others get the word too!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2490 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3934

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review