All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colon Cleansing
      #186365 - 06/14/05 06:54 PM
ncgal

Reged: 06/14/05

How effective are colon cleansings (store bought-GNC) for those of us dealing with IBS-C? I've purchased one however have been nervous to try it. Any input you could provide would be great!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colon Cleansing new
      #186366 - 06/14/05 06:57 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Colon cleanses are generally not recommended, because they're traumatic and irritating to an *already* irritated colon.

But I'm not a full-time C'er, so maybe someone who is will weigh in on the topic for ya. I just know I wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot pole.

#186376 - 06/14/05 10:16 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey--i came across this company, Natures Secret that has *ALOT* of products which seem to specialize in colon/internal health. i got a CD from a nature-health store that highlighted the benefits of their colon/digestion products and thought i would recommend them to you. i think generally they will be safer then those you may find at a GNC--they can still sneak preservatives inside those pills!! heres ultimate cleanse, super cleanse and a fiber supplement. as you can see from their descriptions, they sound fully reliable and totally safe and comfortable for the body. i even did some further research on the products i sent you to see just how well it would work with an IBS-C body type. are you a C?? theres another one on there called ultimate fasting cleanse? its a 5-part program but it helps especially in letting the GI tract catch up with its digestion process [which sounds VERY good for C]. i spent 3 years taking fiber supps that i thought were good for me but in the end they just really werent. it sucks to find that out the hard way so i hope you can find a product out there that will be the best for you! i hope you wont have to go thru 3 years of choking down a pill that is claimed to be "good" when it just may not be. i was taking fibercons B.T.W--sorry to sound negative but the frustration of it was too much. good luck in your search! peace

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#186416 - 06/15/05 07:22 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi there-
I am a C and have to say that I agree with Casey. I had gone for accupuncture and the accupuncturist made a recommendation to try out a colon cleansing or go and have a colonic hydrotherapy treatment(s). I asked my GI doctors (I am seeing two doctors now, as I like to get as much input as possible), and they both strongly disagreed with these approaches. As Casey mentioned, they both told me they can be very detrimental to the colon as they can be rather harsh.

I would advise you to "stay clear," but that is just my opinion.

Good luck!

#186418 - 06/15/05 07:30 AM
Patricia Buzo

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: Minnesota

I tried and herbal cleansing (actually I've tried two over the years) and it made me sick for two months and counting! Don't do it! It's NOT beneficial for people with intenstine problems. They make it sound safe and it probably is for "normal" people.

--------------------
Patricia Buzo
IBS-C and Crohn's Disease

for me....I took what was supposed to be a super gentle one... new
      #186543 - 06/15/05 04:33 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

called Experience. It chewed my guts up for the same effect that Zelnorm had. So not worth it, it hurt so bad.

And I don't think I have seriously bad C or D...but it was awful. It put me in tears several times. MY KILLER COLON CLEANSER

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5836 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 704

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review