All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I GET BLOATED EVERTIME I EAT
      #186364 - 06/14/05 06:32 PM
terriswing

Reged: 06/14/05

I've been on zelnorm for a month. I started taking an herbal digestive aid about a week ago, it helps some. I keep a food diary and just can't figure out why I look 4 months pregnant after I eat. Any idea's what I should/shouldn't be eating. This is driving me near depression.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I GET BLOATED EVERTIME I EAT new
      #186370 - 06/14/05 09:04 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I have the same problem! Do you get full real fast too? I just got an upper GI done, which just shows some reflux. So, the doctor has ordered me to eat 5-6 small meals per day instead of three regular size ones. I have done this for two days now and I'm still adjusting, but I already am starting to feel better. It just sucks though...sometimes I want to just pig out! However, not feeling so bloated and miserable is worth it. ARe you eating small meals all day or what does your diet consist of?

Jessica

P.S. I take Zelnorm too...

#186387 - 06/14/05 11:31 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It's also to do with eating safely, eating slowly, following the diet strictly, sipping drinks, etc.

TRy fennel tea.

#186402 - 06/15/05 05:15 AM
john g

Reged: 05/14/05

I have the same problem! It started before I was on Zelnorm. I underwent fecal transfusion, both upper and lower and it all went away 2 years ago but it came back. I didn't want to go through having to wear the Tube down my nose again for a week, although now I wish I had done that again, but anyway, the Zelnorm has helped my constipation tremendously, and had helped a lot with the bloating, but when I eat a big meal, I still blow up like a balloon and feel like I can't breathe. What are we going to do?

Big meals can be a major trigger... new
      #186403 - 06/15/05 05:19 AM
Linz

......little and often is the key to eating with IBS, especially as an empty tum is also a trigger.

Why did you have a fecal transfusion? Never heard of that as a treatment for IBS...do you have another medical issue?

Re: Big meals can be a major trigger... new
      #186406 - 06/15/05 05:34 AM
jblake

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: East Coast, USA

I have had an NG tube (nasogastric tube) each time I went to the hospital with vomiting and severe constipation. I never heard it called fecal transfusion. They did it to empty my stomach, since everything was so backed up. As awful as it is, it really does help stop the nausea, and then they can concentrate on emptying the bowels.

I don't eat much at one time either. Many small meals, all day long. I am lucky that my job lends itself to flexibility for eating.

Jamie

#186536 - 06/15/05 03:29 PM
terriswing

Thank you all. This bloating is really getting to me. I have been eating many small meals for years, although I have only had symptoms of IBS for 2 years and treating with Zelnorm for about 6 weeks. I have been keeping a food diary for 3 months. I've tried eliminating many things including: wheat, dairy, vegetables...I have restorted to slim fast, which has the same effect; and I feel and look like I swallowed a soccer ball. I have also tested negative for Gluten and Lactose.
I usually have a rice/corn based natural cereal for breakfast, nuts for a snack, salad for lunch, wheat thins or fruit for a snack and meat and a vegtable for Dinner. of course I have chocolate and stray on the weekends but this is mainly what I have been eating. any suggestions? and unfortunately I can't stand tea Thank you for letting me vent!

Aaargh! new
      #186608 - 06/15/05 10:18 PM
Linz

PLEASE read the diet guidelines on here ASAP. Nuts, salad and most fruit should not be eaten on an empty stomach or as a stand-alone meal. Red meat is a major trigger. Slim fast sounds like a trip straight to IBS hell.

Read the diet guidelines!

Re: Aaargh! new
      #186614 - 06/15/05 10:30 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Quote:

PLEASE read the diet guidelines on here ASAP. Nuts, salad and most fruit should not be eaten on an empty stomach or as a stand-alone meal. Red meat is a major trigger. Slim fast sounds like a trip straight to IBS hell.

Read the diet guidelines!

I second that! Please read the info on this site!!

Re: Aaargh! new
      #187021 - 06/17/05 03:25 PM
terriswing

So sorry, I work 40 hours, go to school 3 nights, teach 1 night and between homework and housework and my hour commute I have very few minutes daily to do anything. sorry to bother you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 945 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2174

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review