Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Kinda gross... ? For Cers!!
      #186049 - 06/13/05 02:05 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I love that we can post our most intimate BM details here! hee hee

Anyway, any Cers out there, when you do finally go...have you ever had HUGE BMs?! I am a pretty small person, and sometimes my solid BMS are so big (more in terms of length--sorry!). Maybe that is what has been festering up there for some time!!!

Sorry for any gross details!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Kinda gross... ? For Cers!! new
      #186050 - 06/13/05 02:19 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I'm IBS-A, but I know what you mean. Sometimes, I think, "My goodness. That was all in ME!!?"

#186052 - 06/13/05 02:37 PM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

Yes! I've had that problem, too. It's so strange. My parents used to be shocked at the huge bm's I'd have when I was just a little girl. I haven't had that problem much at all since taking Miralax daily, maybe because I go more often than I used to (once almost every day).

I once told a doctor about the huge bms, but after a colonoscopy found no physical problems, I didn't ask any follow-up questions.

#186087 - 06/13/05 05:23 PM
Kristin940

Thanks for the replies! HAHA! Yes, I wonder if that just is due to the intestional back-up. But, as you said, it is a feat! haha!

Thanks!!

#186090 - 06/13/05 05:53 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Yep. I actually find it very rewarding, especially the nice, clean feeling you get after going. I must have YEARS worth of stuff inside me because I have a big BM almost every 2 days and I go (usually) every day.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Um.... new
      #186095 - 06/13/05 06:30 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

yep, I've had footlongs before. Embarrasssed.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I'm Jealous! I want foot longer's! new
      #186102 - 06/13/05 07:07 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

What are you guys doing to get the footlonger's?? I go everyday, but always runny. Hi Kristen, by the way!

Re: I'm Jealous! I want foot longer's! new
      #186173 - 06/14/05 07:13 AM
Kristin940

Hi Jessica!!

THanks, everyone, for sharing. Yes, it is rewarding bec I am so thrilled to get the poo poo out! I think, for me at least, it is adding in more natural fibers in forms of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. If I have "white" products in excess or not enough IFs as above, then I become even more constipated!!!

Kristen, I want foot longers too new
      #186207 - 06/14/05 09:15 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What whole grains can you tolerate? And are you eating your fruits and veggies with the skin?

Are you not taking any SFS, just doing this with foods?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Kristen, I want foot longers too new
      #186214 - 06/14/05 09:33 AM
Kristin940

Hi Beth,
Thanks for your email! Yes, I take Benefiber but, honestly, try to get most of my fiber from teh foods I eat. I always try to have some soluber fiber prior to eating my IF (either whole grain breads, english muffins, wraps, etc. or veggies/fruits). I do still have some gas/bloating, but that is there regardless given my mechanical issues with my pelvis/tooshie. I m worse off C-wise if I don't have those whoel grains and IFs in my diet-plus, they are so important for overall health. I don't remove skins, but I do cook/steam all my veggies and always have my solubles first (e.g., carrots, mushrooms, squash, etc.). Plus, I take my Beano beforehand, too.

Hope this is helpful!

So what solubles do you eat first? new
      #186220 - 06/14/05 09:47 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Like if you had brown rice for dinner, what would you eat beforehand to make it easier to digest the IF rice and the IF veggies you might add?

Can you do apple peels too?

And what is an example of a normal breakfast for you? Would you mind listing some examlple meals?

Do you take the benefiber before meals? I suppose that would be your SF base if you did. Benefiber did not agree with me.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: So what solubles do you eat first? new
      #186238 - 06/14/05 10:25 AM
Kristin940

Yes, soemtimes my SF is indeed Benefiber but I also try carrots, mushrooms, beets, rice crackers, saltine or two before an IF.

As for breakfast, I am fine with oatmeal. I also have and love Eizekel bread, and will often have a few slices of mango or half a banana before my toasted bread!

Does that help?!

#186288 - 06/14/05 12:35 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Those mushrooms really add "bulk" or length or something to the bm's! I buy them in bulk, now, wholesale from a farm and assorted varieties. They're something about those fungi that agree with me. It's embarrassing how many mushrooms I eat and how much I love 'shrooms. They're also high in selenium.

#186290 - 06/14/05 12:37 PM
Kristin940

Kate!
HAHA! I, too, am obsessed with mushrooms. Love them! I pop them like they are candy! I also LOVE broccoli, very gassy but I LOVE IT!! I think that def adds some bulk too

Re: Kristin940/Mushrooms, etc. new
      #186352 - 06/14/05 05:18 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I get them by the box, now, from a farm nearby. They really do clean you out and I eat them like candy, too. Yes, I think it is the bulk factor. I skip the broccoli, though. Spinach (cooked and pureed)--yum, and no gassiness for me. I eat it everyday. Maybe it's the earthiness about the mushrooms--they make me want to plant my solid poo in the toilet. They're really, uh, "grounding." Yes, I think that's the word for it. This sounds bizzarre, I know. They also give my poos some form, shape.

Re: Kristin940/Mushrooms, etc. new
      #186354 - 06/14/05 05:21 PM
Kristin940

Hi Kate!
HAHA! You have me cracking up, as you are analyzing the form of the mushroom poos! I wonder if they are contributing for me; it is really hard to pinpoint one food for me, as I do try to have lots of IF. But, like you, I have a lot of mushies. I do love spinach, too! Mushrooms are loaded with potassium, too, which is another reason to love them! haha!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3705 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2358

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review