All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: and good for you ... new
      #185778 - 06/11/05 07:37 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Next week, I'm omitting lettuce. It cleans me out too much these days as it's the hot season and I'm extra D prone. Cooked greens are fine for me, but the raw lettuce makes my stool to watery. Now that I've finished my raw greens, I'm going to take a hiatus from the lettuce. I sold my sprouter last weekend at a yard sale as the sprouter were causing too many bathroom trips. I feel guilty re: wasting food. So, if I don't use it, I give it away. Or, I cook and freeze. No more salad for quite awhile--it makes my poos too soupy.
I'm just in the habit from being a former raw vegan to eat raw leafies everyday, but my body is saying, "NO THANKS." So, I shall listen and honour that. The mushrooms work though. Magick mushroom salad. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but if I had dessert it would be an sf salad like this. Beet salads are good too. Or carrot salads.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Green sauce and mushroom salad new
      #185781 - 06/11/05 07:44 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I use fresh veggies and just put them in a sauce pan or pot with a small amount of water and sea salt. You can adjust the cooking time easily for frozen veggies. I use fresh sweet basil as its just on my window sill, but you can use dried too. Spinach/green bean is another great combination. I got this idea from the Fatfree.com website. This second combination is delicious with new potatoes. I hate tomatoes, so I'm always seeking tomatoe free alternatives. The green sauces are really fast and easy and cheap whether fresh or frozen. They are nutrient packed and versatile. Zucchini is another great thickener/addition. Asparagus gives it a sort of "pea" like flavour. You can also swirl these into egg white omelettes or other creations. Baked potatoe patties, crepes...perogies.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 492 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1743

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review