All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
NOISY STOMACH
      #18534 - 08/25/03 05:04 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hI; rIGHT NOW MY STOMACH IS RUMBLING AWAY LIKE CRAZY, only time it does that is if i am really empty. I have been eating SOLUBLE FIBRE like crazy today and it feels like Iam empty and my stomach hurts. Foods have been heavy for me lately,but that is usually a good thing but now it feels so empty. I AM GETTING CONCERNED AND SCARED. what if my foods don;t agree with me know. MY worst fears come true again. Please, please help anyone.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: NOISY STOMACH new
      #18679 - 08/27/03 08:43 AM
Olivia

Reged: 08/20/03
Loc: Detroit, Mi

Sometimes my stomach growles like crazy even though I have been eating all day. I noticed that when it does that, I have been eating the same type of food, i.e., carbs or fiber. It feels like I am hungry, but then at the same time my stomach hurts in a bad way. I found that when my stomach does that, I need to eat another type of food, usually protien. I don't know how it works, but I usually feel better and my stomach stops. It did this a lot when I was a vegiterian a few years back ( I was one for 6 years). Take note of what you have been eating. Even though we are limited to what we can eat, we still have to make sure we are getting all the essential things our bodies need. Maybe it is a way of your body telling you something.

Hope this helps.

#18688 - 08/27/03 09:50 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

What has been your diet layout lately...because I find that if I only eat apple sauce and toast allll day, for example, it causes me alot of trouble. I feel hungry and my stomach seems to be looking for something more LOL.

I need to add a item that would be considered supper in there like chicken breasts or fish or something like that.

I know you have said in the past that you can't have chicken breasts. Have you talked to Heather about all the foods you have trouble with because it seems like you have trouble with alot of the foods everyone else is ok with. I just kinda worry about that.

Feel better soon!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#18765 - 08/27/03 07:19 PM
louise

hI; i basically use recipes from Heather' book,ie; PORRIDGE for breakfast sometimes a half a bagel. tuna sandwich on french bread for luncfor example. It is the supper menu I have trouble with. I feel I need some kind of protein, I am experimenting with a few began meals for the protein. No, I haven't really discussed it with heather. do you think I should.

#18766 - 08/27/03 07:21 PM
louise

heather; should I post my menu to me as Lana suggested?nt

#18767 - 08/27/03 07:23 PM
louise

hI; how did you manage on the vegan diet. did it help or hinder your problems? did you get enough protein, that is what I am missing.

#18801 - 08/28/03 06:23 AM
Olivia

Well, at the time I didn't have IBS, so I got protien from the diary foods. I wasn't a vegan, I was just vegitertian, so I still ate foods that were produced by animals (i.e., milk, cheese, and eggs). I did eat a lot of tofu and soy so that bumped up the protien. I was always concerned about protien and when I needed it my body had a way of telling me, usually by a hungry feeling/stomach ache even though I ate all day.

Have you had all the tests to eliminate other problems that could be causing you to not eat certian foods that most others can handle?

Olivia

#18804 - 08/28/03 06:26 AM
Olivia

I just saw on the reciepe message board that there is a shake that uses protien powder... take a look at that to get more protien in you.

Olivia

#18810 - 08/28/03 06:51 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Louise,

I really truly think you should ask Heather. I think it may not be the protein you need, but just the filler up because you eat so light during the day which is normal.

I know I am not a doctor, but I have learnt since being on the diet - If I am not eating enough I have serious tummy trouble.

You never listed what you have for snacks....what do they consist of?

I hope maybe you can get your tummy uncontrol - it must be difficult to have a tummy trouble all day every day

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#18903 - 08/28/03 03:36 PM
louise

hu olivia: I had allergy tests done before and that showed certainfoods thar I anm actually alleric too. Ascopr to rule out any other problems. I don't know what other tests there are for food senstivities.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8290 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1948

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review