All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
why milk but not products that has milk in it?
      #184561 - 06/08/05 07:53 AM
inusrat

Reged: 04/25/05

Hi,

I do not understand why it is that I can not digest If I drink milk. But if I eat something that has milk in it like pudding, or yougurt, or ice cream , that I can digest. That does not make any sense does it?

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: why milk but not products that has milk in it? new
      #184570 - 06/08/05 08:04 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hmmm, that's a confusing one because technically you shouldn't be able to digest milk at all.
And for ME personally, if I have something with a bit of dairy in it I _might_ be okay, but if I just downed a glass of milk... Holy Moly, would I ever be sick!!!

Do you think maybe it could be a coincidence? Since dairy is a trigger food that can affect people sometimes but not others (who knows why?), perhaps you've just lucked out on the times with the milk maybe?? I'm really not sure...
If I were you, I would avoid the milk completely. It could be like a maximum amount makes you ill, so if you've had the milk already and then something else with dairy in it you'll get sick?

Wish I could offer better advice, really not sure about this one!

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I had a similar experience for years... new
      #184633 - 06/08/05 09:53 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

And I couldn't really explain it either, and I still can't... but I can tell you that when I gave up ALL dairy products COMPLETELY, I felt so much better. It's possible that the other ingredients in those products act as kind of a "buffer", keeping your body from reacting to the dairy right away. But honestly, it's all bad for IBS, even if it doesn't immediately trigger an attack.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2849 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 407

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review