All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
NEED HELP DESPERATELY.
      #184352 - 06/07/05 11:47 AM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

Recently (a month ago) i got so sick i was down to 77 lbs, and im 5 foot 1. The doctors told me if i didnt get better i could die very shortly. these past 2 weeks i have been feeling a LOT better, i dont know what happend, just one day i woke up and thought "hey my stomach doesnt hurt that much."

my problem now is, when i was so sick, i went to the bathroom after every meal. Now that im stable, i cant go. Its been 3 WEEKS and no bowel movement. Im kind of scared, becuz i dont want to take a laxative as i know they are not too good on the stomach.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this like something that needs to be treated ASAP, has this ever happened to anyone? Has anyone ever used a laxative and been ok? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

3 Weeks is too long... new
      #184367 - 06/07/05 12:08 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

to not have a BM! I think people start to get upset after a week with no BM, I can't imagine going that many days. I would definitely get yourself to a doctor to make sure that everything is alright in there, or at least so they can try and get you some relief.

77 lbs?? Holy moly! When you say you were sick, do you mean with the IBS? Were you stable before that... That just seems very, very extreme! I hope your doctor was taking good care of you!

Since you haven't had a BM, have you been eating regularly?

I'm not an expert or anything, but I would say that it is something that needs to be addressed ASAP.
Let us know how it goes!

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: 3 Weeks is too long... new
      #184370 - 06/07/05 12:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Allie, if I still lived in Monsey we would take care of each other *hugs*

Call your doc NOW! I have been without a BM for 2 weeks. It was torture. That was actually how I came to find Heather's diet and books and this site...

Have you tried eliminating gluten. It helped me soooo much! If you have probs digesting it it can casue malabsorption probs which contribute to severe weightloss.

PLEASE go to the doc! We love you Allie....

Sending you love...and my e-mail

Ruchily@yahoo.com

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184404 - 06/07/05 02:24 PM
AllieGator

when i say sick, i mean i had several ibs attacks DAILY for 2 weeks straight, thats why i lost so much weight. But now im eating regularly and i feel ok but its starting to take its toll. Ive NEVER gone this long without a BM...im afraid to take a laxative...what do i do!?!?!
Im almost at the point where i am willing to eat something bad(like NOT ibs friendly) just so ill get sick...atleast that will make me go. Please send any suggestions

--------------------

Re: NEED HELP DESPERATELY. new
      #184406 - 06/07/05 02:32 PM
AllieGator

how dangerous are suppositories?

--------------------

I think.... new
      #184420 - 06/07/05 03:59 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

...that technically they still count as a stimulant, but I'll be totally honest, I've used them a few times before with no problems. Three weeks IS a darn long time... I would try a suppository. You won't get dependent on them after one use, I can attest to that.

Sorry to hear you've been so sick! At my worst, that's what my IBS was like... and I dropped a lot of weight like that too, to a point where the doctors were going to hospitalize me. Thankfully, it did get better, but it took time. Are you eating regularly now? Not eating enough definitely made me C after the D started to get better.

Hang in there!

Re: I think.... new
      #184428 - 06/07/05 04:20 PM
AllieGator

ive been eating non stop. Im not even allowed to get a job right now, my dad just wants me to stay home and eat so i an gain weight...and trust me i EAT.

i JUST took a 1/2 tsp of acacia, but i know thats sposed to take weekes to start to show results. I think the supp would be the best bet, do you know what brand you useD?

btw...THANKS for the help

--------------------

#184451 - 06/07/05 05:52 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

That's definitely insanely too long. When I was hospitalized for anorexia, they'd even at least order a suppository if not something stronger! Seriously, you must feel putrid. Keep on eating regularily, though. It takes time, lots of time to stabilize and then balance is a fluctuating thing.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1159

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review