All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
PLEASE HELP ME
      #183864 - 06/06/05 07:03 AM
sair

Reged: 05/24/05

please can somebody help me.

i feel so weak and like i am going to pass out.

i have been rushing to the toilet for the past 2 days to push SO hard- like i am giving birth and all that comes is mucus mucus mucus. it is agony. my legs are aching as well and i need to keep twitching them.

please can somebody help me to stop this from happening. i am going to the toilet every 30 minutes for 10 minutes at a time.

i just want to be put to sleep until its all over. im so miserable.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PLEASE HELP ME new
      #183869 - 06/06/05 07:30 AM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

Are you feeling any better?

I don't know what to advise really, have you taken any peppermint capsules? How about drinking water, you need to keep up your fluids, it may help your head.
Also, you could try a few drops of lavender oil on a warm hot water bottle with a cover or towel around it. Place it directly on your abdomin and put your feet up, it should soothe the area.

I hope someone else here can help you more.
Hugz
Niki
xxx

#183884 - 06/06/05 08:16 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Please call your doctor and tell him, specifically, what's going on. I know you said in one of your other posts that he has put you on an A-D and said it might take a while to work, but going to the toilet every 30 minutes for 10 minutes at a time in screaming agony sounds like it needs immediate medical attention. If nothing else, he should be able to prescribe something to help the pain and hopefully shut down the constant BMs, like Tylenol with codeine.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

I agree with Sand here... new
      #183886 - 06/06/05 08:20 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...IMHO you need a shot of a strong anti-spasmodic (an oral one will go straight out of you!).

Otherwise, tylenol with codeine, lots of hot peppermint tea, etc.

Question, Linz new
      #183908 - 06/06/05 08:53 AM
Sand

Is Tylenol with codeine available there without a prescription? Just curiousity - it's not in the US.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Question, Linz new
      #183932 - 06/06/05 10:31 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Over here it's called co-codamol or paracetamol with codeine and is available OTC. Solpadeine's the same thing but with caffeine as well btw.

Please read this one! Its the latest one! Thanku new
      #183960 - 06/06/05 12:07 PM
sair

hi

can i just say how grateful i am to get people who are reaching out to my pleading hands. I am desperate at the moment and hope that no-one thinks im selfish that i dont offer anyone else any help. You all have my full support and understanding but im afraid i cant offer any suggestions. i have only just started suffering from this.

I went to my doctor this afternoon because of my back pain, which has been caused by straining on the toilet. (I literally have to push on the walls either side to give me more strength!) And he didnt want to give me any pain killers as he said im already on enough tablets. (contraceptive pill, mebeverine, ADs) so i am coping with my 2 year old boy, part time job and housework without painkillers! Argh! I also explained the pushing and the mucus and he said i must hold out for the ADs to work properly and not expect miracles straight away. I've been going to see the doctor EVERY WEEK since 7th March. I thought i'd been fairly patient. Or not?

I know everyone is going through the same so im sorry to moan. Its just so nice to have people to talk to who understand. Ive just left work after 2 hours and the other ladies there were playfully teasing that im "bunking off again". I wish! Its hard when you cant explain to people. Even those closest who you are honest with. They dont see what its like when i literally look like im giving birth over the toilet!! And the rest.

Thank you thank you everybody.

By the way, i havent eaten anything today (apart from small bowl of cornflakes and milk) as i am too scared I will eat something to make more mucus. What should i do?

Lots of love and happy stomach wishes for everybody.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by sair (06/06/05 12:29 PM)

Bump (thanks amandapanda) new
      #183970 - 06/06/05 12:27 PM
sair

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner! new
      #184011 - 06/06/05 01:36 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

hi
Hiya. Sorry I didn't reply to your earlier post sooner, I really meant to but I got sidetracked as I am at work at the moment.
can i just say how grateful i am to get people who are reaching out to my pleading hands. I am desperate at the moment and hope that no-one thinks im selfish that i dont offer anyone else any help. You all have my full support and understanding but im afraid i cant offer any suggestions. i have only just started suffering from this.
Don't worry about it, nobody thinks you are selfish. It takes a lot of time, it might be a while before you get a handle on things so of course you're not able to start giving everybody else advice! You need to get yourself sorted before you can start helping other people.. It will come with time, though, don't worry!
I went to my doctor this afternoon because of my back pain, which has been caused by straining on the toilet. (I literally have to push on the walls either side to give me more strength!) And he didnt want to give me any pain killers as he said im already on enough tablets. (contraceptive pill, mebeverine, ADs) so i am coping with my 2 year old boy, part time job and housework without painkillers! Argh! I also explained the pushing and the mucus and he said i must hold out for the ADs to work properly and not expect miracles straight away. I've been going to see the doctor EVERY WEEK since 7th March. I thought i'd been fairly patient. Or not?
Okay, first of all.. this may sound like silly advice and I am not sure 100% but.. I think you should stop the crazy pushing! Straining and pushing has already given you back pain, and it can give you hemmorhoids and fissures and not-nice stuff. Try and fight the urge to strain like that if you can.. I know it's hard. If the doctor won't give you pain killers and you are in a lot of pain, maybe try taking some tylenol.. We don't get tylenol with codeine over the counter in Canada either, but some extra strength might help at least a little.
The other thing about painkillers is sometimes they can make other IBS symptoms worse so you do have to be careful with stuff like that.
How long have you been on the anti-depressants for? I think they should help with your symptoms and your anxiety but I'd definitely say you can't just rely on them to control your symptoms... Hmm...
Also, I was on mebeverine in the UK for ages and found that it really did nothing for my symptoms. Have you ever tried any other medication?

I know everyone is going through the same so im sorry to moan. Its just so nice to have people to talk to who understand. Ive just left work after 2 hours and the other ladies there were playfully teasing that im "bunking off again". I wish! Its hard when you cant explain to people. Even those closest who you are honest with. They dont see what its like when i literally look like im giving birth over the toilet!! And the rest.
We know how you feel, don't worry about it!!
Thank you thank you everybody.

By the way, i havent eaten anything today (apart from small bowl of cornflakes and milk) as i am too scared I will eat something to make more mucus. What should i do?
Woah, woah... Wait a minute, you ate cereal and MILK? Oh honey, nonono! Milk is a big time trigger.. If I drank milk, I'd have mucous too! And then some!
Have you read the diet guidelines yet?
Make sure you check out the pages on triggers, and make sure you are avoiding all of them COMPLETELY! Especially when you are as ill as you are right now! Oh no no, you go to that fridge and throw that milk in the bin! Evil, evil milk!

Okay, sweetie, have you been properly diagnosed with IBS? Have you had all the tests and everything? You need to make sure that your doctor has taken the necessary steps to rule out any other conditions that have similar symptoms to IBS.
I want to stress this particularly for you because it seems like you are really going through it, and not all people with IBS seem to have SUCH a problem with the mucous... That being said, you might be consuming a fair amount of foods that are playing havoc on your digestive system and they are freaking out.. thus the mucous.

Go on the "What to Eat When you Can't Eat Anything" diet for a while.. drink loads and loads and loads of water, try the peppermint and fennel teas and make sure you are avoiding all trigger foods.

Lots of love and happy stomach wishes for everybody.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You too!! Let us know if you have any more questions and how you are doing!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner! new
      #184019 - 06/06/05 01:56 PM
pulse

Loc: sw ohio

i'll have to disagree on one point. many people with ibs have a fair amount of mucous. even when i'm doing the best (so far), i still have some small amount. for me, mucous is the single most ditressing symptom, but it's actually nothing to be all that concerned about, as it's so common and basically harmless. 'just' gross & scary. this amount of pain however IS a real concern, imo. ditto on trying not to strain so much.

i think i'd get more assertive (read: demanding) with my doc from now on. i used to be somewhat passive, but after yrs of the runaround by too many docs in several specialties, i state my mind clearly, be a broken record if need be, and don't back down until i get heard and treated with respect. sometimes raising my voice helps! lol. if not, i find another doc asap.

Mucous new
      #184024 - 06/06/05 02:05 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

i'll have to disagree on one point. many people with ibs have a fair amount of mucous. even when i'm doing the best (so far), i still have some small amount. for me, mucous is the single most ditressing symptom, but it's actually nothing to be all that concerned about, as it's so common and basically harmless. 'just' gross & scary.
I agree.. especially about the gross and scary part!
I think that if you have already gone through the tests and stuff and ruled out everything else, then it is just a symptom you'll have to control through the diet and medications and everything...
I do maintain, though, that if you HAVEN'T been tested for other things and you are having that much pain and mucous together, you must insist on tests.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Mucous new
      #184031 - 06/06/05 02:28 PM
pulse

Loc: sw ohio

well right, that's why i said to get more assertive with the doc - to get to bottom of this via tests, etc. re: pain, (more than mucous, imo).

Thanks, Linz. Must be nice. -nt- new
      #184065 - 06/06/05 04:11 PM
Sand

--------------------

Well said, Stephie- I almost fainted about the milk, too!! new
      #184110 - 06/06/05 06:51 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

And oh, girl, i sure hope you feel better soon! I know what it's like to have a wild nutty 2 year old and a job and try to keep the house up---It's called "pop in a video and cuddle a hot water bottle" all this weekend for me!!

Higs, and it WILL get better, and we've all been there( well the A and D people anyhow!)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#184119 - 06/06/05 07:11 PM
sherri23

Reged: 03/18/05
Loc: CA

YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY!!!!! A GASTROENTEROLIST DONT WAIT FIND A GOOD ONE IT CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. YOU SHOULD ALSO TRY VSL#3 IT HAS SAVED MY LIFE WELL MY STOMACHS LIFE!.GO TO www.FOOD.MD FOR DETAILS.GOOOD LUCK I HOPE YOU FIND SOME RELIEF

Re: Please read this one! Its the latest one! Thanku new
      #184121 - 06/06/05 07:18 PM
sherri23

Reged: 03/18/05
Loc: CA

No more dairy!!!! that is the worst thing for you follow the IBS diet.As I said before see a good gastroenterolist. Change Dr's if you have to. My Dr. has gien me pain meds and I am on more meds than you..Have you had a colonoscopy? It sounds like you need a second opinion.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review