All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help Nausea Can't Sleep
      #183842 - 06/06/05 04:56 AM
hsvqueenmother

Reged: 06/03/05

It's 7 a.m. and I have been in an out of bed all night. I am so nauseous when I lie down. I sit up for awhile, think it is better, but lie down to have it start building all over again. I have been on the SF diet for 2 days. Last night I drank fennel tea, took 2 Gas X and 2 Zantac before bed. I'm also taking accacia (1/2 tsp. twice a day now) BMs are actually normal! Any suggestions? No fever or high sugar (I'm also diabetic) so I don't think I have an infection. Sure would appreciate some input! I'm new with this. Thanks.
QueenMom

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help Nausea Can't Sleep new
      #183848 - 06/06/05 06:11 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome. I would try some ginger tea. It's great for nausea. Slice a piece of gingerroot the size of a quarter and steep in a mug of boiling water. Drink several cups a day. Or chew on a piece of crystallized ginger. Flat ginger ale works for me, although Heather wouldn't recommend it.

Also, don't let your stomach get empty. Nibble on food all day long. I know it's hard when you're nauseous, but the nausea is probably worse on an empty stomach. A lot of people find saltines really helpful with nausea, as is chicken soup, or vegetable broth.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#183890 - 06/06/05 08:29 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You taking Zantac and getting worse when you lie down is a red flag for me that you might have GERDs...and this is easily treatable with rx meds.

If you get heartburn, watch the ginger and see your doc asap. Keeping SF in your tum will help tho.

#184012 - 06/06/05 01:39 PM
pulse

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: sw ohio

if zantac makes sicker - over time, in my case - agree likely it's GERD. go to doc for dx and rx. i prefer prevacid over nexium or prilosec - as i am ibs-C.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 719 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 500

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review