All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Middle of the night hunger
      #183791 - 06/05/05 07:59 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Don't laugh, but does anyone get hungry in the middle of the night, i.e. around three or four a.m and actually have a little snack? I do. It's just a couple crackers or something to that effect. It's probably because I'm not getting enough calories or something and also because I'm in the habit of eating every few hours! It's not all the time and I know it's not GERDS or heartburn. Weird, huh? It's not sleep-eating.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Middle of the night hunger new
      #183793 - 06/05/05 08:03 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

When I first started eating a lot less calories I was waking up every hour or so really really hungry with tons of gurgles. However, if I eat in the middle of the night it's hard for me to go right back to sleep because it's not good for me to lay down right after I eat. I agree that the body is probably in starvation mode and needing more calories badly. I've read that anorexics often have insomnia and I think it's for that reason. If you're interested you could probably find some literature on anorexia online or in a book, and maybe there's something about not getting enough calories and waking in the middle of the night hungry.

Re: Thanks Tinkerbelle new
      #183925 - 06/06/05 09:52 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Thanks Tinkerbelle. I am a former anorectic and it's a hard "habit" or program to break. I am just so accustomed to the "less is more" idea and I literally abhor feeling full! I think to combat this I will just add a little more calories, probably in the way of some more sf at meals/snacks or divide the meals into leisurely "courses" or stages. By this I mean a little more rice or potatoe or whatever. That usually rounds me out.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 519

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review