All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
PS new
      #183361 - 06/03/05 04:43 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Just wanted to add that I don't know if working Full time is good for my GI system as the stress has taken a toll big time. But working PT was a good decision for me, and one that I might have to go back to, but I'm trying to hang in there with FT because it makes me feel better about myself.

I am also very, very, very centered on my GI problems. It is the first thought I have when I wake up in the morning, and the last thought I have at night. And all the hours in between are filled with thoughts on my bowels! I don't know how to not let this consume my life. How to have any sort of life besides the pain and looking for answers. If anyone can help share some thoughts on this, I would like to know how to escape from the prison of GI pain and food choices and thoughts of my stupid GI system all the time.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Beth! new
      #183410 - 06/03/05 09:43 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey, welcome back! We've been worried about you. I'm sorry to hear things still aren't great with you, but it's certainly nice to have you back on the boards! *hugs*

Re: IBS and sensitivity new
      #183446 - 06/04/05 08:07 AM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

I have read the book several times. There is a sequel about relationships as well.

It is very insightful. My son's therapist recommended it to me several years ago. We are both very sensitive people and the book shed light on a lot of issues.

It is called 'The Highly Sensitive Person" I recommend that you get it.

You will see that you are not alone.

Mary

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

Hi Laurel! new
      #183453 - 06/04/05 08:41 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I've missed seeing all your familar faces! Thanks for the welcome back. I needed some time away. But, hopefully, I'm ready to try and tackle all this again, with the help of you guys. I may need to start over at square one, but I'll do anything to be able to someday write the kind of post Casey just posted! I don't have such great hopes though, since I have many different issues going on (GI, gallbladder, gastroparesis, UGH!) but I'll settle for any degree of improvement at this point!

Thanks for caring enough to post me a "welcome back". It's good to "see you" again! I hope you are well and that life is treating you kindly! You have always been so generous in your efforts to help us "unstabe strugglers".

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Beth/Augie new
      #183492 - 06/04/05 01:57 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I missed your voice. Thanks for participating. You are such a valuable and sensitive voice at this site. Truly heartfelt wishes/energy goes to you.

Kate (Wind)
IBS-D pain prominant

Absolutely. I've accustomed myself to not crying too much now... new
      #183512 - 06/04/05 04:36 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

but I used to be an overempathic, bawling wreck! No wi just feel a twinge in my gut every time a person gets hurt, or is sad, or anything like that. However, i can watch someone barf and it doesn't bug me. LOL. Go fig.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Hmm...I am new
      #183513 - 06/04/05 04:39 PM
_Willow

super feeling sensitive, but not so much shy. I am much more so than in the past, but when I get to know people, I just talk and talk and do crazy uninhibited things.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Hmm...I am new
      #183521 - 06/04/05 06:26 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Me too sore tummy mommy! I think we are all paradoxes, and while we may be sensitive in some ways, we are strong in others. I'm a total extrovert and love being around people and loud things! But feed me anything that doesn't agree with me or light some incense around me and I'm a mess!

When I was a kid, I had an abusive stepfather... new
      #183525 - 06/04/05 07:02 PM
_Willow

who verbally shot me down to nothing and often smacked me(really, only once or three times in a moment, not AWFUL) but he apparently smacked my mom around(we never saw it)....and since that time, anyone so much as raising their voices to me, or any personal conflict, causes major tummy aches. I remember not eating for days after boyfriends of a week broke up with me. Or having D for days after because of the killer cramps.

Yeah, so aggressive people, any confrontation, watching stuff like WWF, etc...scares the poop out of me, for REAL!!

Anyhow, sista(sounds funny, I'm so white...) I'm there for you, and sadly, am sort of relieved there's another social butterfly out there with a sensitive side.

By the way- toughness-I never cried during my 40 hour labour with my daughter, and almost worked on an appendix flare,but I'm a feeler hard core. It's almost to a fault with my students-if they're mistreated at home, i want to smack the parents several times and take the kid home and love them properly. Hence why I'm a teacher, and not a vet(and thank God for my allergies for that!!)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Beth! Beth! new
      #183526 - 06/04/05 07:08 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm glad to see you're back. Your advice and insightful questions were missed. I read in another post that you're working full-time, but considering going PT. I hope you do go part-time, but I do admire how long you've stuck with working full-time! WOW! Welcome back!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3566 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10075

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review