All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
could a bad day......
      #182683 - 06/01/05 05:10 PM
jenny_k

Reged: 05/29/05
Loc: Alberta Canada

cause a flare up of IBS. I have bben on Heathers diet for a couple days and i have been feeling awesome for the first time in 6 months, however today i had a really stressful day at work(but i followed the diet ) and on my way home i had so much gas and pain, i dont know what could have triggered it.I heard that stress can be a huge factor, in fact thats what i think started this whole thing in the forst place. I dont understand how i can be absolutely "normal" for 26 years then all of a sudden i cant digest a meal for 6 months! I had a couple genisoy chips, and then read on the back there was whey in them, but could such a small amount cause all that gas?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: could a bad day...... new
      #182690 - 06/01/05 05:38 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Stress can be a HUGE factor. When I was working, I expect it was my number 1 trigger. If I was stressed, so was my IBS. If was relaxed, my IBS was much better. The moral of the story, try not to let stress get to you. It's harmful to your health in so many ways. Have you tried yoga or hypnotherapy? Lots of people have hadd good luck with them for stress relief.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#182695 - 06/01/05 05:50 PM
jenny_k

I havent tried either. I go to the gym every morning but work is so hectic(i work at an animal hospital) that i find as the day goes on i get more anxious by the hour, and needless to say, at the end of the day Iam bloated and in pain. By the time i get home (which my brand new home is sinking , so i have been living in a construction zone for the past 6 months)iam so tired and i cant escape the stress i can barely stay awake past 8! Iam leaving for a vacation in a day for 2 weeks so i guess that will be a real test!
Thanks for the advice, maybe ill buy a yoga tape.

Oh yeah..... I'm an A, but have been D for weeks, and today, my students were MANIC new
      #182701 - 06/01/05 06:10 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

(gifted school, sub teacher,kids who usually work so hard but don't want to work today = MAJOR confrontation, BIG stress..) well let me tell ya, I was pooping marbles today. AUGH!

that and one stinking coffee did me in. I drank so much water yesterday it's scary. I exercised like mad(sodded a lawn) and had my SFS and probiotic today... must be the stress and the students.

Han Solo would agree, they can make ya slightly crazy!!
I'm sure it's the sme with animals, and worry if they'll be OK or if they're going to be well cared for.

Stress has always been a biggie for me, now that I know I've had this for a decaede or 2!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#182706 - 06/01/05 06:22 PM
pulse

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: sw ohio

for me, it would be your living situation that would undo me. i'm female & a former interior designer & rehabber, and, as such, have partially run crews of men in various construction and related fields. worse was that half of it was in the deep south, as far as them wanting to take orders from any woman. i managed, but reading your post i remembered having to lie down on my office floor to try to stretch out my ibs-c cramps - more than once.

i realize you're not in charge like i was, but i could still see this construction chaos being a big trigger to come home to daily. i benefit so much from my alone time. ibs often makes us feel so out of control; this house bit might feel like doubling that!

please try to enjoy your vacation time away from this madness to the upmost. this break in 'the action' may fix you right up. and try to remember that your home WILL get back to normal.

#182718 - 06/01/05 07:20 PM
jenny_k

yes, we all need alone time to relax and unwind after a day of work, my home is far from a sanctuary for me, i can hardly wait to go away for a while.........that must have been tough for you as well!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 820 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 702

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review