All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone ever try Bentyl?
      #182543 - 06/01/05 11:51 AM
jea97

Reged: 05/30/05
Loc: Lindenwold, NJ USA

Has anyone tried Bentyl? and are there any meds for IBS-D? I believe Bentyl is meant to stop the rapid movement of the Colon, which in turn stops D, but is there anything else? It has a SUN exposure warning and with summer coming that wouldn't be cool.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone ever try Bentyl? new
      #182553 - 06/01/05 12:30 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Please read Heather's introductory posts at the top of the board. They are very helpful as to how to navigate the boards by first doing a search. Here's a particulary helpful post. New Posters

Bentyl has been brought up a lot on the boards and if you do a search, you'll be able to see what everyone has had to say about their experiences. It's a great way to get lots of feedback from since the website has been around!

#182559 - 06/01/05 12:42 PM
jea97

Sorry to bother you! I just wanted to hear about other sufferers experience if they've tried it.

#182567 - 06/01/05 12:50 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I use Bentyl, and it's been geat for me. I first started using it when I was pretty unstable, so I took it 3x a day to keep my colon from having spasms. Now I only use it when I feel as if I may have problems, which lately has been once every few weeks. It often heads off an attack before it even starts for me. Definitely worth looking into.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Thanks! new
      #182571 - 06/01/05 12:53 PM
jea97

#182617 - 06/01/05 02:16 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I have a friend who's taken it for years and she swears by it. Before taking it, she was having D all the time---and she rarely does now.

#182621 - 06/01/05 02:22 PM
LisaY

Reged: 05/23/05
Loc: United States

I have been on Bentyl for a little over a month. It has really made a difference in my life. My bloating has gone down significantly and the pains went (on a scale of 1-10) from a 10 to a 2!! It is a little inconvenient because you have to take it thirty minutes before every meal and at bedtime but it is so worth it because the spasms are much calmer and the bloating is gone. Good luck! I am IBS-C

#182799 - 06/02/05 05:57 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I tried it and it doesn't do any more for me than Immodium. I found Heather's diet far more helpful.

I would like to second Cyndy's advice about the Search button. It's absolutely not that you're a "bother", it's just that Searching can give you the information you need without having to hang around on the street corner, whistling, waiting for someone to come along and answer you. And the Search button won't just give you cold facts - searching on the Board means you'll be finding real posts! by real people! talking about their real experiences!

Even now that you've gotten some answers, I think you'd find a LOT more information if you do a Search on "Bentyl". Among other things, you'll find threads with information about other possible IBS drugs, including one I started on "looking for a miracle drug" that, frankly, I'm too lazy to go track down. Once you've Searched, if you still have questions or just want fresher info, you can do a new post, start with "ISOT" (I Searched On This), and go on to say you're still looking for info.

By the way, howdy, neighbor. I know you're practically to Philadephia and I'm practically to New York City, but New Jersey's so small, I figure any two people living anywhere in it are neighbors.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Jea97 new
      #182967 - 06/02/05 01:50 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

unrelated to your post... but board member *Melissa*, Marna, and I are having our first SOuth Jersey Support Group in Marlton on June 7. Email me for more specifics, and if you are not good with the Marlton area you can follow me, I literally live only a couple towns over from you.
Welcome to the boards!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Jea97 new
      #183045 - 06/02/05 05:48 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Oh yeah Jea97! You should come! Here's the details if you'd like to go!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4087 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1651

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review