All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is it safe to excercise if you are too skinny?
      #181985 - 05/30/05 09:41 AM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

It reccomends to excercise a every day if you have IBS. However, I am only 90 lbs right now and feeling very scared to excercise- I don't want to lose anymore weight! The excercise I like to do is walking and dancing, and I'm worried doing these things will cause me to burn calories- which I cannot afford, because I am also scared of food and IBS attacks. What do ya'll think?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is it safe to excercise if you are too skinny? new
      #181991 - 05/30/05 09:54 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Tinkerbell,

Did you see the other post I wrote to you? Just wanted to check 'cause sometimes they get bumped down pretty far and it's hard to find them.
Exercise is important, but you don't have to do strenuous exercise. Just walking will even be helpful.
You should start trying to eat higher calorie/higher protein foods and then you won't have to worry quite as much about burning those calories that you do really need.

Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#182002 - 05/30/05 11:37 AM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Hi Steph,
No I didn't get your other message, what did it say? It says Bump on it but I can't find it anywhere! Thanks for the advice!

#182007 - 05/30/05 12:14 PM
jenny_k

Reged: 05/29/05
Loc: Alberta Canada

Why dont you try weights rather than cardio. Weights are great for building muscle, and can add some extra pounds as well. Keep cardio to a minimum, and at a mild pace.
Good luck

Keeping track of posts new
      #182008 - 05/30/05 12:27 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If you want to find one of your posts that you've lost, you can click on your Board name anywhere you see it underlined (for example, in one of the posts you can find, like this one). That will take you to your own profile screen. At the bottom of the screen, on the right is a hyperlink that says, "Show all user's posts". (It actually wraps around to the next line.) Click on that and you'll see all your posts in chronological order (newest to oldest).

You can also click on the "Add this thread to my favorites" box when you post something and then go to "My Home" and you'll see it in your list of favorite threads.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Edited by Sand (05/30/05 12:28 PM)

Other post new
      #182011 - 05/30/05 12:51 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
I sent you two posts, the one that says Bump (which is blank and was just to get your attention and bring it back up the boards) and another one. Click on the other one, that doesn't say Bump, and you'll see my reply to some of your questions.
Let me know if you still have trouble.

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#182029 - 05/30/05 02:08 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Something like yoga would help...it's gentle and tends to tone and build muscle not lose weight. You do need to eat more tho!

#182092 - 05/30/05 08:54 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Some mild exercise shouldn't hurt you. You probably need to build some muscle, which is a good thing.

#182098 - 05/30/05 09:41 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I agree with Jenny K and Linz - no need to do cardio (*especially* if you're having trouble eating enough) but something like weight training and yoga can help you can weight (muscle). Best of luck.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1669 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review