All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I spent last night in the ER new
      #182108 - 05/31/05 05:49 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I'm sorry. What a lousy way to spend the holiday weekend!

I am also on Levsin, the sublingual version. I take it as needed to calm the spasms. It works pretty well, but it does make me very, very tired. It also makes me really thirsty if I take it more than once. I only have to take it about once a week these days.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#182149 - 05/31/05 08:32 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Levcin is great for the abdominal pain, and I wish I could take it, but it gives me incredible headaches! Hope it works for you, because it is awesome for spasm relief!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

message for passnie new
      #182184 - 05/31/05 09:44 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

hi passnie . how many hyscomine do you take a day. i ben takeing just 1 at noon and 1 at midnight? jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#182198 - 05/31/05 10:51 AM
jblake

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: East Coast, USA

My sympathies are with you. Hope you feel better soon. I've had three visits like that. All late at night and each time I ended up staying at least three days. Only one of these times did I figure I might know what the trigger was. I usually end up with a n/g tube (which is really ugh!)and an IV. I haven't been since I started Heather's diet, and the MOM (Milk of Magnesia). I am also on Zelnorm but I was taking that the last time I was in the hospital. I did a little research on the Miralax that some folks suggested. It is a prescribed medication, says it is for short term use (two weeks), and has many contrindications. I have started the acacia just recently and I am hoping that will help. I now have more D than C however that is okay by me for right now.

#182251 - 05/31/05 01:19 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

YES! In fact, both my back and my sides hurt and still hurt yesterday. Soooo weird...

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#182252 - 05/31/05 01:20 PM
e_mcmaster

It's possible, but I was so happy to see them and had had a GREAT day - a big BM and no bloating and then all of the sudden, BAM! Pain and bloating within 30 seconds.

--------------------
Elizabeth

Re: Oh No! new
      #182253 - 05/31/05 01:30 PM
e_mcmaster

I appreciate all the support, Stephie. It means a lot.

As for the diet, sometimes we are limited by our income. I know that I'm barely making it til tomorrow when I get paid, but I was always taught that you "pay yourself first" (aka: put money in savings first) and then live on the rest, so I mangage ok. The major diet secret is to take in less than you burn, so it doesn't matter too much what you are eating as long as there is a bit of variety - the calories are what matter. You could lose weight on strictly Ramen soup (although that would do horrors to our tummies) but it wouldn't be the most nutritious.

As for the gym, I'm pretty fanatical about getting to the gym every day (with the exception of my rest day/days), but my fiance is having the same problem - the gym isn't his #1 priority like it is mine. I find that the physical activity really helps my tummy, though. I'm sure you'll find the motivation.

Hugs!!!

--------------------
Elizabeth

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2936 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2231

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review