All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello everyone, I'm new here!
      #181465 - 05/26/05 05:59 PM
julz33

Reged: 05/26/05
Loc: Long Island, NY

I have been suffering from IBS and lacotse intolerance for the past 6 years. I suffer from bloating and gas non-stop, and then alternate between D & C. I read Heather's books Eating for IBS and IBS:The First Year last summer. I tried to follow the diet but cheated alot, so basically it did me no good. My favorite foods are my trigger foods and it is just sooo hard to give them up. Lately I have been feeling so sick so I decided to give the diet another shot. I will be officially starting on June 1st, until then I am going to re-read the books and this message board.
If anyone else is new here maybe we can start this diet together and support eachother!
I look foward to chatting with you all.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello everyone, I'm new here! new
      #181523 - 05/27/05 05:23 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Welcome! By the time you have read all of the great info here on the site, you'll be well on your way to winning the battle! We look forward to getting to know you!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#181574 - 05/27/05 08:37 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Welcome! I'm glad to see that you're going to commit yourself to following the diet. It seems that you have the right attitude for success! I started following the diet in December and I feel SO much better now! It may take a while (varies from person to person) for you to notice sginificant improvement, but stick with the diet and lifestyle changes that Heather recommends and you will get better. Keep us updated on how it goes! I recommend keeping a food journal--it's really helped me realize what my particular triggers were in addition to the ones Heather lists.

Best wishes!

Hello and welcome. Enjoy your long weekend! -nt- new
      #181600 - 05/27/05 10:39 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#181608 - 05/27/05 10:50 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome to the boards Julie.... enjoy re-reading the books....there is always something else the "clicks" each time I read them...

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#182548 - 06/01/05 12:21 PM
jea97

Reged: 05/30/05
Loc: Lindenwold, NJ USA

I am new too. I will be starting this week as well, but I have a few trigger foods to get rid of first, (by eating them at home only with the bathroom all to myself). By June 22nd I will be on the diet strictly.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3292 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 497

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review