All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia Fiber Question
      #181438 - 05/26/05 03:25 PM
NessAnn

Reged: 04/19/05

I have been taking the Acacia Fiber for almost a week on a regular basis. When does the bloating and gas go away, or does it? I am more bloated and crampy after drinking my fiber. I only take 1/2 teaspoon in the morning and one at night. I'm going to increase my dose to add 1/2 teaspoon midday soon. Is this something I will have to deal with as long as I take the fiber? I really love it by the way..it works and it's completely un detectable in my drinks. Best Fiber I've tried so far..'cept for the "wind". Thanks In Advance for any info you can give.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia Fiber Question new
      #181440 - 05/26/05 03:54 PM
3grands

Reged: 05/03/05

My first week on Acacia I had D all the time and I only dared use 1/4 t once a day....my adult children kept after me to keep using it and I'm happy to say in my 3rd week I'm taking 1/2 t in the AM and 1/2t just before supper...the bloat is definitely better!(And no more D !) I imagine we're all different though. (Even though this shows I only registered in May /05 I've been here for a year...I couldn't remember my screen name or password after being away from the boards for a while!!!) Good luck. Judy

#181482 - 05/26/05 08:13 PM
NessAnn

Reged: 04/19/05

Thanks, that gives me hope

#181524 - 05/27/05 05:26 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Because of the higher fiber content, it may take your body another week or so to adjust. I always had discomfort each time I raised my dose for about 4 or 5 days. Once that passed, I was great! That's another reason to SLOWLY increase doses! I would take a month between increases sometimes! Hope it works!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5879 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 747

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review