All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP...IBS and PCOS
      #181380 - 05/26/05 11:32 AM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

After some bloodwork and a trip to the OB I was just diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). Yeah, let's add another syndrome to my life! Now what I've noticed is that they say to avoid carbohydrates because of the insulin but that seems to go against the IBS diet. The doc wants to put me on birth control pills to control the hormone levels and try to manage my symptoms. ARGHHHH!!! I don't want to go on birth control pills but I'm so annoyed by my hormonal symptoms (irregular periods, night sweats, chronic yeast infections, etc.) that I'm going to go back on them. What worries me is how this will affect my IBS??? Anyone else have PCOS and IBS?????
Rena

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP...IBS and PCOS new
      #181404 - 05/26/05 01:01 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I do not have PCOS and I don't know anything about the diet for it. As far as BC pills go, I was on them for a long time (17 years!) and stopped them 1.5 years ago and I didn't notice any change in my IBS one way or the other.

Be sure to ask your dr for a monophasic pills instead of a tri-phasic pill. A monophasic pill means that the hormone levels are the same through out the cycle and a tri-phasic pill means that the hormone levels start off stronger and decrease through the cycle. The changes homrones could make your IBs worse and stabilizing your horomones with a monophasic pill may even help with your ibs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2892 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 342

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review