All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
vitamin B
      #181265 - 05/25/05 05:35 PM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

I just found out I am low on B vitamins. I have to get a shot or take supplements. I don't know how long I've been like this because vitamin B is in poultry, fish, milk, bananas, fortified cereal, and so on. I eat tuna, bananas, cereal and soy milk which all contain B vitamins. Does anyone else have a vitamin problem, have any of you been checked for that?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: vitamin B new
      #181294 - 05/25/05 10:07 PM
Patricia Buzo

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: Minnesota

Yes, it's common with bowel problems. I took a monthly shot for about a years time a few years back. Now I take a daily multi vitamin and have had no problems. Sometimes we need supplimentation because the foods we eat are so depleated in vitamins. We think we're eating the right stuff and that should be enough but many times it isn't. Add to that the fact that for many of us our bodies don't absorb the vitamins anyway, as in Crohn's disease.

--------------------
Patricia Buzo
IBS-C and Crohn's Disease

#181297 - 05/26/05 12:27 AM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

I do. I take three-montly shots for it and take a multivitamon, as well as my big butty iron pills.

--------------------
*Emma*

#181344 - 05/26/05 08:01 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I get vitamin B12 shots periodically. I just don't absorb it, even in pill form, which chronically causes assorted anemias related to B12 and folate/folic acid. For some strange reason, though I don't have a problem with iron.

#181411 - 05/26/05 01:42 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i had my b12 level checked a little over a month ago. as a vegan, i was concerned b/c b12 is commonly in red meat/dairy so i figured mine must be really low but surprisingly it wasnt?? my doctor took a blood test to test that and my iron level to make sure i wasnt anemic which i also was not. good luck for you! maybe try taking an addition b vitamin supplement?? find out which foods are rich in the B's and take a supplement for the ones that cause you triggers. your diet from your post sounds great so maybe its just a few more youre missing??

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#181645 - 05/27/05 01:18 PM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

I'm suppose to try the B12 pills for a month and see if it improves, if not I'll get the shot. I took one last night and I had more energy than usuall. Things at work seemed lighter..it could be all the sleep I've gotten in the last two nights though.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 401 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review