All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Constipation question...
      #181009 - 05/24/05 05:45 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

I have had IBS for a really long time. I used to not have a problem with constipation but now I do. Sometimes I will not go for days at a time sometimes even a week. I have tried Zelnorm(worked at first), Miralax, every diet, and every kind of fiber pills I can find and nothing seems to work. I am so bloated I always feel miserable. Any ideas?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Constipation question... new
      #181010 - 05/24/05 06:02 PM
Patricia Buzo

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: Minnesota

I'm suprised miralax didn't help...but you have to be on it for about a week before it starts helping.
Try doing the yoga postures that are recommended on this site, and for bloating try the fennel tea and mint caps. (by the way have thay ruled out an obstruction?)

--------------------
Patricia Buzo
IBS-C and Crohn's Disease

tried psyllium?? new
      #181014 - 05/24/05 06:20 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey there! im sorry to hear that youre not in the best comfort i am the same way with the constipation too! my first ibs med was the zelnorm and just like you, it only worked in the beginning for me too. in the 3 years ive had this ive tried lots of diets, adding/taking out diff.foods, playing with the amounts of fiber pills id take and so forth and i still havent found relief! have you tried psyllium?? i havent yet but i put up a post about it and it got alot of replies.. psyllium success stories its there if youd like to read thru some others who've had alot of success with it. i plan to start taking it as well b/c im at my last rope with this. hopefully it works out for you!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: Constipation question... new
      #181016 - 05/24/05 06:26 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Hi there! When you say you have tried every diet does that mean Heather's diet as well? I am constipated and I am following the diet and also take about 2 tablespoons of Acacia a day along with 2 stool softners at night. I have found some relief with my C. Sure I still have bouts of it,but it is soo much better. If you haven't tried the Acacia I would. However it will take awhile to work. You will be very bloated and gassy for the first couple of days possibly week. And I didn't see results until after being on it for a couple of weeks. I used Gas=X to help relieve some of that discomfort. Hope things get better for you!

Re: tried psyllium?? new
      #181018 - 05/24/05 06:31 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. It does sound like we are going through the same thing. I think that I am just really impatient and maybe I didnt give the miralax a chance to work. I am going to try that again and I will try out the psyllium(where do you get it?) Isnt that in fiber pills anyway?? Thanks for the advice...keep in touch!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4534 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 639

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review