All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
constipation and acacia
      #180891 - 05/24/05 06:44 AM
MJZ

Reged: 05/24/05

Hi. I just started the acacia (switching from citricel) and although I have no bloating I had bad flatulence. Does this happen as we are repopulating the colon with good bacteria? Or is it a coincidence (happened 3rd day into it) Also I replace the citricel with the acacia 1 tbsp to 1 tbsp. and I didn't seem to have a bm as much (not that it was great before but don't want to backslide)I am slowly working on retraining my bowel and it is so much trial and error. Any acacia advice on what to expect and how long to be patient for? Could it take a couple of weeks etc? Thanks to any help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: constipation and acacia new
      #180893 - 05/24/05 07:03 AM
byard

Reged: 05/19/05
Loc: oklahoma city, ok (transplanted from California

I am curious also if a change is to be expected. I am waiting for my "Kit" to arrive and I will be switching from Metamucil wafers to acacia.

#180938 - 05/24/05 10:41 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

It will take your body some time to adjust to the change. I was using Fibercon when I switched to Acacia and it took almost 2-3 weeks to see a change in the frequency of BM's, but I noticed a calmer digestive tract almost immediately. Hope this helps! Don't give up!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#181024 - 05/24/05 06:42 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Yes I have had bad flatulence from acacia from time to time. If it is really bad I will take a Gas-X to help. Also give the Acaica some time. It really has helped my Bm smoothly come out!

question about changing fiber supplement... new
      #181029 - 05/24/05 06:46 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

bamagirl, i see you replaced fibercons with acacia?? im taking fibercons and want to replace them too, quite possibly WITH the acacia although i would also like to add in psyllium. what was your diet as you followed thru this trasition? and what was your C pattern like? im really sensitive to alot of foods and find this has been very difficult for me. thanks in advance for your help!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: question about changing fiber supplement... new
      #181060 - 05/25/05 06:16 AM
bamagirl

Look in the thread where I'm talking about the diet working for me and you'll find out details. When I switched, I just switched cold turkey to the Acacia. Took a couple of weeks, but it was worth it. When I fist started this site, I was eating a lot of baked sweet potatoes as a meal. Couldn't eat much at all. I have GRADUALLY added supplements and food back to the mix...over 18 months. My C was pretty bad starting out....very little any given day and then only "pellets". Some days nothing at all. Now....twice a day!!

I go nowhere without my Acacia. Water is key! IF's are very necessary! Hope this helps.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#181064 - 05/25/05 06:27 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

I agree. I tried the Acacia for a few days in the beginning, and I got frustrated so I stopped. Then, after reading the info on the message board about it taking a week or even a few weeks, I tried it again. The first week or so was rough with a lot of gas (no attacks though!), and now, I'm having a BM once, sometimes twice a day (which is absolutely unbelieveable for me) and don't hardly have any pain anymore. I still get gas, but its usually b/c of what I eat, not the acacia. I am very consistent with the acacia now...I will not and do not miss a dose, and I am definitely a believer of it now!

And thanks to all for the info about Luna Bars....they work for me too, and I enjoy them! Yippee!!

Where else can you get congratulations for having a consistent BM? I love it here!

#181094 - 05/25/05 07:59 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Where else can you get congratulations for having a consistent BM? I love it here!

LOL. Great quote!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

We do give kudos for the oddest things here! Ha! Ha! -nt- new
      #181134 - 05/25/05 10:59 AM
bamagirl

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1287

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review