All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I refuse to suffer alone anymore!
      #180871 - 05/24/05 05:38 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I've told you all my success with the diet and supplements since starting this 11 days ago. Well, I'm having some small problems and typically I would keep it to myself and just think it must be that old "it's all in my head" nonsense. Well, Heather and this board have turned that around so here goes.
The last two days I woke up feeling weak and having cramps & D instead of solid bowels, only in the mornings, not all day like pre-Heather days..PRAISE GOD. I'm taking 1TB of Benefiber morning, late afternoon and evening. 2 imodiums, hyoscamine & prevacid in the a.m. Peppermint caps before each meal, lots of peppermint, fennel and chamomile teas through out the day.
I am eating the safe foods but I haven't fit many veggies into my day yet (just chicken to have the pains!). I've been keeping my meals real simple, i.e. br: English muffin with jelly or egg beater rollup...lunch: tuna/ff mayo sandwich...supper: last night I just ate a sweet potato and bagel...snacks of pretzels or such safe stuff. The foods change but you get the idea. I just want the solid bowels again instead of running off in the mornings. I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I refuse to suffer alone anymore! new
      #180887 - 05/24/05 06:27 AM
Patricia Buzo

Loc: Minnesota

It might be the combo of all those medications in the morning. Try taking some before bed, or at another time during the day.

--------------------
Patricia Buzo
IBS-C and Crohn's Disease

#180936 - 05/24/05 10:36 AM
franny

Loc: N. FL

Thanks for the idea, I'll try spreading them out. Also I went back and checked all the ingredients on some of my foods and guess what? The english muffins and the bagels have HFCS! I don't know how I missed that when I bought them, I guess I got tired of reading all my purchases.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#181141 - 05/25/05 11:06 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Franny!

How have you been doing since you posted this? I hope you're feeling better!

The same thing happened to me a while back. I was doing well on the diet, but suddenly had to deal w/ more frequent, looser BMs. I had started eating more crackers and bagels, assuming these were safe, along with packaged, pre-sliced bread. I read the ingredients: HFCS near the top of the list! In small amounts, I can tolerate HFCS, but I was having these foods at every meal. I think the safest bagels I've found are Sara Lee's plain mini bagels; however, they cost more than other packaged bagels. Anyway, I feel like I'm continually learning how to shop and eat on this diet, which is good because I'm becoming more aware of what I'm putting into my body and how it affects it.

I agree with Patricia's suggestion of spreading out your meds. Maybe it would help if you took your Immodium AD in the evenings or took one pill in the morning and one in the evening? I'm stable atm, but on the days I work I take 1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 in the evening as an extra precaution.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5016 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review