All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advanced Allergy Elimination.....
      #180701 - 05/22/05 07:04 PM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

..... has anyone tried this with success? I've heard they are 90 % successful in eliminating allergies in one treatment. I know I have a wheat and dairy allergy, but am skeptical in handing over lots of $$$ to hoaxes.

Would love to hear from anyone who's had this treatment, or knows someone who has.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advanced Allergy Elimination..... new
      #181057 - 05/25/05 05:57 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Bump Anyone even heard of Advanced Allergy Elimination? The treatment is a form of acupuncture.... the process is meant to retrain the body to no longer attack food and cause an allergic reaction. I thought it sounded like a dream come true..... but usually if something sounds too good to be true, it is.....

I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried it tho, apparently people worldwide endorse the process.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Allergy Treatments new
      #181122 - 05/25/05 10:38 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've never heard of this treatment and IBS is not an allergy so this type of approach would likely not be beneficial to most people on this message board.

However, in addition to IBS, I have a few food allergies and, to my knowledge, there is no effective treatment at this point in history for food allergies so personally I wouldn't spend any money on the treatment you mention. (If a safe and effective food allergy treatment were available, people with life-threatening peanut allergies would be scrambling to get this treatment!)

On the other hand, environmental allergies (trees, grass, ragweed, etc.) can often be successfully treated with injections of allergy serum. (I had weekly shots right through my childhood for these allergies.)

However, pet allergy treatment is generally not very successful although a new treatment for cat allergy is currently being tested on humans and may be available in five years. It will involve a few injections for just over a month and will cure cat allergies (and possibly other pet allergies) for life. I will be at the head of the line when that treatment becomes available because my cat allergies (wheeeeze!) literally ruin my social life!

Wheat allergies are often associated with Celiac Disease. There is no treatment for this other than totally abstaining from eating anything containing gluton. This is a VERY SERIOUS allergy and can lead to serious internal damage if wheat is not removed from the diet. The symptoms of Celiac Disease are often very similar to those of IBS.

"Milk allergy" seems to often be a catch-all phrase for a number of different problems involving milk. I was diagnosed at the age of one with "milk allergy," but it is more likely I am lactose intolerant and milk protein intolerant (as well as being unable to tolerate milk because of my IBS). However, I probably have a bona fied allergy to cheese because when I used to try to eat it, my tongue would itch!

Well, that's the sum total of my knowledge concerning allergies and their treatments!

#181173 - 05/25/05 12:30 PM
nicky

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: Colorado

Hi Taylahmai,
I believe you're refering to the N.A.E.T. allergy elimination technique and I have done it and it has helped me a lot! I was never officially diagnosed with IBS, but was suffering from a lot of the symptoms, but apparently a lot of them were due to allergies, which have almost all disappeared. Every once in a while I still have an unexplainable cramps attack, but most of the time, I feel good. I'm convinced that most of the issues I get now, are due to stress and anxiety, not the foods that I eat.
Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me at nickyvb@yahoo.com.
have a great day!

--------------------
nicky

Please tell us more about this treatment new
      #181179 - 05/25/05 12:41 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

How can you find someone who does this test? It sounds expensive. How reliable is it? It sounds too good to be true. For someone to be able to just tell you what is safe to eat and what is not.

Intolerances are different from allergies. So would it work to tell you if you have problems due to either an allergy or an intolerance? Or just a true allergy.

#181268 - 05/25/05 05:47 PM
Paulette

Reged: 05/25/05

I am currently undertaking the advance allergy elimination now at North Sydney. I went after I saw the segment on TV's Today Tonight. I have about 9 allergies and each one has to be done in a separate visit. I have been treated for 4 allergies so far. They have treated me for my milk allergy. I have noticed that I am now able to eat my cereal of a morning without the usual sneezing fits and constant runny nose. I will not know the real success until all allergies have been eliminated. Some people have only one allergy. So that is simply, but when you are allergic to more than one, it will take some time. I will keep you up to date.

#183589 - 06/05/05 02:29 AM
phoebe

Reged: 06/05/05

Hello! I just stumbled upon this forum, and I thought I'd put my little bit of knowledge in!
I'm currently undertaking advanced allergy elimination. It is a proven technique and works on the basis of kinesiology.
So far it has proven to quite amazing! I have 13 different sensitivities that are treatable, but others that aren't. Take it from someone who has been constantly ill for the past 12 years, it's worth trying!
Also, deadly allergies such as peanut or shell fish allergies are different to what these people treat. Those allergies cause anaphylaxis, whereas the type of 'allergies' which cause IBS-type symptoms are actually INTOLLERANCES, a totally different thing, but most people get them confused.
So, no ALLERGIES aren't treatable as yet, but sensitivities (like your dairy intolerance) are! But not lactose intollerance, that's not treatable with the AAE system.
I recommend trying it! look at www.aaeclinics.com.au, or do a google search, lots of places practice it. I'm going to the AAE clinic in Brisbane.
Best of luck!

Are the four or five sights... new
      #183607 - 06/05/05 07:27 AM
Cyndy

listed on the web page the only places to get these tests done? Aren't there other places in the US? I am very interested in this! But cannot fly to Australia or even Colorado!

Taylahmai new
      #183608 - 06/05/05 07:29 AM
Cyndy

Are you doing these tests yet? How's it going?

#307995 - 05/25/07 03:12 PM
CVMisty

Reged: 05/25/07

Very interesting. I've been through just about every test I know of and the doctors are still bouncing me around. I've experienced symptoms of IBS since childhood. My identified allergies and intolerances have been eliminated from my diet. Since 1998 I've also experienced anaphylaxis, and was diagnosed with IBS that same year. So far the doctor's scratch their heads when this comes up because I do not expose myself to the known foods of issue. I'm new to this forum, and to information about IBS. Thank you for sharing your experience with those like me.

Misty

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5717 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2293

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review