All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ok for months and now this
      #179990 - 05/19/05 04:22 AM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

I have been mostly ok for many months- meds, SFS and diet have really helped. I've gone through a course of hypnotherapy with a therapist, practice yoga, exercise regularly, get sleep....etc.

I was on sabbatical (out of the U.S.) for two months and all was fine- on the way back to the U.S. I stopped off in NY to see my family and I have symptoms (IBS-D) all over again.

I consulted with MD (in L.A.) and although we know stress isn't the cause, my personal experience shows stress (visiting family, anticipating going back to work)certainly can bring on the symptoms.

Has anyone had this experience....? I'd love to feel stable again, but right now it's 3-4 immodium a day.

Thanks, as always, for your help...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

not sure what to say... new
      #179991 - 05/19/05 05:04 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

diet is my biggest control, but I'm out of control and back on immodium as of this AM (bloat started back a few days ago) and I am sure a lot of it is stress and a fight with my hubby last night because he felt I wasn't being understanding enough of his not feeling good and wanting me to go to the store for him as soon as I walked in from a very stressful day at work, didn't help. we blew up at each other!

I hope you get it back under control soon, but remember americans are the worst culprits for additives and hard to diges things in foods- there is more dairy where it isn't needed and more HFCS, etc in the states then in any other country!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

never thought about it new
      #180001 - 05/19/05 05:55 AM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

I was is Jerusalem studying for 2.5 months....I never thought that reintroduction to food in the states (plus the stress of returning home) could put me over the top. I flying back to LA this afternoon- so I know to take the meds, eat light and play my hypno tape.
I've stabilized before- and I'll be back there soon- it's just a matter of time.
Thanks for the input...

Evan

stress and travel (generally being away from my norm) are my two greatest triggers~nt~ new
      #180005 - 05/19/05 06:11 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: ok for months and now this new
      #180017 - 05/19/05 07:09 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

well im not a D so im not sure about the stablization but when i went to europe last year my body was thrown so far out of whack! i flew from chicago thru amsterdam, from amsterdam to zagreb [croatia] and then from zagreb to split [croatia] between all the time changes i got SO much C that i thought iwas going to pop! and after a week of adjusting to the culture/weather/food i lost 8 or 9 pounds for no reason and then it was as if my IBS had completely disapeared! i was having no pain and no symptoms and even a bit of D--which was so wierd b/c im NEVER D. but eventually it kicked back in when i visit neared its end and then i came back here and have been dealing ever since trying to make it easier. good luck and im sorry if youre suffering

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2532 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review