All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Timing of D triggers... new
      #179964 - 05/18/05 07:16 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I find that if I *really* cheat (rarely or never) then I'll get D immediately (like a spoonful of ice cream would send me running. But if I eat too much at one sitting or something like that I'll maybe just get a bit bloated afterwards and the resulting D won't hit me until the next morning - yeah, mornings are the worst.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: question for D types new
      #179974 - 05/18/05 08:38 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I can get a bad bout of D anywhere from the first bite of something until six hours later I have timed it. Sometimes if I ate a trigger before bed it could hit immediately until halfway through the next day.

That is why I just try to stay away from triggers!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: question for D types new
      #179988 - 05/19/05 12:41 AM
AerobicsAngel

Reged: 03/24/05
Loc: London Ontario Canada

When I used to drink regular milk, I would have a bowl of cereal at night and D in the morning after I ate breakfast.

Re: Timing of D triggers... new
      #180040 - 05/19/05 07:50 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

A trigger, depending on the origin/source, will impact me within minutes up until halfway through the next day. For example, nuts/dairy/added fat will get me running rather quickly--dairy being the most accelerrating trigger. Anything
branny or flax or oaty or spicey or cruciferous/sulfurous--three hours or less. Heck, too much avocado and I'm running before dinner is over!

Apple skins, or skins in general--two hours.

Re: Pam new
      #180042 - 05/19/05 07:53 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Maybe it's the aerosol? The "Pam"--ness of it? I guess it does coat. It's probably just me. I still use it, though...only with hyper lightening speed.

Identifying Triggers for constipation/pain predominant new
      #180045 - 05/19/05 08:01 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Being a C, I have yet to figure out one single trigger food! And this is after a year or more of this pain and constipation!

I still have No Clue as to what is a trigger for me! I avoid everything on Heather's list but that was just because it was plainly outined and no guessing. But other than that, have no clue! And I still have no clue as to the amounts of IF that is "tolerable" at one time. Don't even know if I can handle skins or raw fruits because I am always in pain no matter how/what I eat.

Anyone know how I can figure out my triggers or amounts I can handle when I don't have immediate reactions or D! Please, any suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated.

Re: Timing of D triggers... new
      #180060 - 05/19/05 08:51 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

I find that if I *really* cheat (rarely or never) then I'll get D immediately (like a spoonful of ice cream would send me running. But if I eat too much at one sitting or something like that I'll maybe just get a bit bloated afterwards and the resulting D won't hit me until the next morning - yeah, mornings are the worst.

This is exactly how my D is triggered! Cheating can cause an immediate attack (from minutes to a couple of hours later, especially with dairy), while overeating usually affects me the following day. Mornings are the worst for me as well.

Edited by Maria!Maria! (05/19/05 09:06 AM)

I'm like that with milk. It's not pretty. nt new
      #180101 - 05/19/05 11:52 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Yeah, with my C, I feel the same. Dairy=D for me, but new
      #180102 - 05/19/05 11:54 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

everything else MUST be C. I ALWAYS have a dull ache in my gut and have grown accustomed to it. Coffee really maekes me C, that's ALL i know.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Identifying Triggers for constipation/pain predominant new
      #180103 - 05/19/05 12:13 PM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I am the exact same way!
I have a hard time identifying them also because I always have the crampy pain. I have a BM every day faithfully but still have the cramp feeling regardless.
Everything gives me gas, and BEANO doesn't help at all.
It is very frustrating. Butttt It will be 2 years this august that I have been dealing with it so it kind of becaomes second nature to expect the pain and gas all the time...
I can't tell if the "trigger" food was something I ate yesterday or possibly the day before...
So you absolutely are not alone.

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2449 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5191

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review