All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need help quikly
      #179730 - 05/17/05 09:41 PM
whitewaves

Reged: 05/17/05

About a month ago I started taking a medication which quickly resulted in severe diarrhea. I have stopped the medication but the diarrhea continues. I have finally started to think IBS. We are going on vacation out of the country in a few days. Can someone give me a list of foods to avoid so that I can get this somewhat under controll. Please. I have read the foods to eat list, but there are things I don't know about what not to eat and do need help as fast as I can get it. Thank you so much for any help you can offer. Dorothy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi Dorothy! new
      #179739 - 05/18/05 04:49 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Welcome! I'm glad you read the what to eat list - that's a good start. Follow that advice! You'll also want to AVOID the IBS trigger foods, and for now, you might want to be careful about the amount of insoluble fiber foods (whole grains, raw vegetables, etc) that you consume - take it easy. No salads! Also, since you will be traveling, you might want to use an over-the-counter antidiarrheal medication such as Kaopectate or Imodium. There's nothing wrong with using that stuff when you need it! Good luck!

Re: Hi Dorothy! new
      #179912 - 05/18/05 03:37 PM
whitewaves

Reged: 05/17/05

I posted earlier, but don't know what happened. I have been reading, did some food shopping and am quickly trying to comply with the diet. This is a wonderful site & I'm glad I found it. Dorothy

Re: Hi Dorothy! new
      #179941 - 05/18/05 05:39 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Yes welcome. Just curious - was the medication you were taking an antibiotic? Sometimes antibiotics can kill off all the good bacteria in the tummy, which gives you diarrhea and can mimic IBS. Acidophilus can help with that and seems to be a good thing in general too. Try taking a fiber capsule with a full glass of water before you eat. Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3227 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 704

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review