All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Eggs
      #179608 - 05/17/05 01:43 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Are eggs more of a problem if your IBS C or IBS D or do people find a difference? Myself I find an occassional quiche with a salad okay and I considerable myself more IBS D at the moment. To be honest I can never be sure if my problem is more diverticulosis related, than IBS. I was IBS D originally long before being diagnosed with diverticulosis.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Eggs new
      #179634 - 05/17/05 04:02 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm IBS-D and pretty much stay away from egg yolks. The one exception is that I use a Lite mayonnaise that has some egg yolks in it and that doesn't seem to bother me.

I haven't thought about quiche in ages. Even before I found Heather's diet, even before I knew I had IBS, maybe even before I actually had IBS, I could tell they were way too rich for my system to handle. I do love them, though, so lucky you. Sigh.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#179638 - 05/17/05 04:10 PM
SisterDawn

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Iowa.

Hmmm. It never ceases to amaze me that one person's trigger food is totally safe for another. I have never had problems eating eggs, whites or yolks. What is it about eggs that causes them to be safe for some and a trigger food for others? Eggs classify as dairy, don't they?

Re: Eggs ( not dairy) new
      #179639 - 05/17/05 04:23 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

no, eggs do not classify as dairy. they are in the meat and protein food group.

#179674 - 05/17/05 06:31 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

Well as replies seem to vary I'll carry on eating eggs on occassion. Possibly in my case having gall bladder surgery two years ago aggravated my IBS or whatever but I do not retain as much fats. I lost 30 pounds and then just stayed steady at new weight.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1312 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 627

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review