All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: 9 weeks attack free!/Buspar new
      #179668 - 05/17/05 06:19 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

1. I too haven't gained an ounce on Buspar (and I could use a few!)
2. The dizziness/light-headedness is something I get, too.
Low blood pressure upon rising.
3. A little nausea. Dry mouth.
4. WEIRD, VIVID dreams. Do you get this too, MariaMaria?
5. I feel a little stoned on the stuff, in a really calm, mellow, like I just smoked a joint kind of way.
6. Sweating.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#179671 - 05/17/05 06:26 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

1. I too haven't gained an ounce on Buspar (and I could use a few!)
2. The dizziness/light-headedness is something I get, too.
Low blood pressure upon rising.
3. A little nausea. Dry mouth. Oh, yeah, I get dry mouth as well. I forgot about that since it doesn't bother me too much.
4. WEIRD, VIVID dreams. Do you get this too, MariaMaria? OH YEAH! How could I completely forget this crazy side effect? SO WEIRD! I always wake up thinking, "What the heck?!" I had more nightmares during the first month, which I rarely had before. However, sometimes I have adventure dreams where I'm a swashbuckler or something. So, that's kind of fun.
5. I feel a little stoned on the stuff, in a really calm, mellow, like I just smoked a joint kind of way. I don't really feel this, but I'd sure like to! Maybe it has to do with dosage? I'm taking 15mg/day.
6. Sweating. Nope, haven't noticed a change in this either. Thanks for sharing your experiences with Buspar!

It's good to have someone else to talk to about it. No one really understands when I explain how vivid and freaky my dreams have been lately!

Re: 9 weeks attack free! new
      #179675 - 05/17/05 06:33 PM
lalala

Quote:

You're an inspiration, a model of IBS decorum and sanity! I'm happy that the Buspar is working with you. Like you, I am blessed with a supportive family. Isn't Lorazepam wonderful for those extra-especially anxious moments?! Aww, thanks, Kate! I'm really glad you're on the boards--someone who understands where I'm coming from and the meds! I'm always glad to see that you've posted and to hear your opinions.

Blessings, hugs and accolades,
Kate (Wind).

P.S. Acquire some "rescue remedy" essential oil and "lavender" oil for some self-aromatherapy/relaxation/aroma-tranquilization and give yourself a palm/foot/temple rub/job. Oh, that reminds me: While I visiting my family, I stopped by the local HFS and bought a "Tranquility" Inhaler. It's like one of those Vicks Vapor Rub inhalers, but it contains 100% pure essential oils of Rosewood, Chamomile, Frankincense, Lavender and Rose in a base of Jojoba oil. I didn't read the instructions carefully enough and the first time I used it I placed it in my nostril like the Vicks inhaler! WHEW! You're supposed to wave it gently 2" under your nose. Whoops!

Take care,
Maria

RE: Buspar side effects - BUMP for lj & Wind -nt- new
      #179832 - 05/18/05 10:06 AM
lalala

#179932 - 05/18/05 05:21 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Okay, it's nice to know that I'm not dreaming re: the dreaming! I've done some checking re: this dream thing and it's "normal" for those taking Buspar. Wow, though...they really are VISCERAL.

Congradulations new
      #179937 - 05/18/05 05:34 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Good for you! 9 weeks. Have you tried the hypnosis cds? I am on my second time and they have REALLY helped with the anxiety, along with counseling, 50mg of nortriptylene, Heather's diet and the boards. I can't even think of where I would be without the boards, being able to share thoughts and to know that there are others out there with the same problems. I think I would have lost my mind had it not been for that fateful day that my husband brought home Heather's 2nd IBS book from the library.
Keep up the good work!

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: RE: Buspar side effects - BUMP for lj & Wind new
      #180050 - 05/19/05 08:11 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Thank-you Maria Maria and Wind. I have been inspired by your experiences and will ask my doctor about buspar. That's what is so great about these boards. You can learn from real people's experiences, not just what the medical professionals say. Thanks to you guys, I don't feel like I'm diving into the complete unknown.

Laura

Re: Congradulations new
      #180056 - 05/19/05 08:46 AM
lalala

Thank you!

I'm so glad I found the book too. Yay for libraries (I work in one )! I haven't tried the hypnotherapy CDs, but I'm considering it because of all the good reviews and success stories.

Take care,
M

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2877 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3167

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review