All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: fennel seeds new
      #179698 - 05/17/05 08:04 PM
hanaleni

Reged: 04/27/05

Thanx for answering all my questions - most helpful.
I'm just having my first ever cup of peppermint herb tea - Bigelow tbag. Its quite good straight - the first few sips anyway.
I'll be trying the ginger tea soon. I found lots of posts on using fresh ginger that have been very helpful.
In fact I just love this sight. There's sooo much valuable info to choose from - its hard to remember it all. I use the searches often, then get distracted!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#179701 - 05/17/05 08:15 PM
Shelli73

Reged: 05/11/05
Loc: Georgia, USA

Hmmm, I love the peppermint tea. I may have to try adding some of the fennel seed to it tomorrow, and see how I like the combination.
As far as the ginger tea, I haven't tried it fresh. I bought a box called "Ginger Aid" I believe. It was in the organic health food section. Maybe fresh ginger would make better tasting tea. It just seemed a little 'spicy' to me. I don't know how else to describe it.

--------------------
Shelli - Wife & stay at home mom to 1 son, 1 dog & 2 parrots! IBS-A, usually C.

#179703 - 05/17/05 08:22 PM
Shelli73

I don't know if you live by a Walmart or not, but that's where I found my tea ball! I had to look hard....those things are hard to find nowadays! But I found one in with all the little kitchen gadgets!

--------------------

#179706 - 05/17/05 08:32 PM
hanaleni

Reged: 04/27/05

Thanx.
I'll try there. It was good to see a picture on that website. Now I know what to look for. do you ever heat the cup in the microwave after you've added the tball to the water and let it steep for a while?

#179707 - 05/17/05 08:35 PM
Shelli73

No, the tea ball I have is made of metal, so I'd be afraid to put it in the microwave. I just boil the water first, then pour it into my mug over the teaball & let it steep in the mug. Or you could put the tea ball in a tea pot & let it steep there.

--------------------

#179708 - 05/17/05 08:40 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

That works just fine for me, so long as the tea properly boiled once, reheating it seems to be fine. I often leave it to steep and then forget about, so I just reheat it once I return.

Just a warning....definitely stating the obvious here, but I'm all up on microwave safety lately (heh!)...but....take the metal tea ball OUT of the cup, before you microwave it.

Enjoy!

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Who doesn't live by a Walmart? LOL! - nt new
      #179752 - 05/18/05 06:08 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#179775 - 05/18/05 07:16 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

i found mine at the dollar store!!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

More thoughts on fennel new
      #179833 - 05/18/05 10:09 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Just to put in my two cents, I just throw the whole seeds into the bottom of the cup (1-2 tsp probably, never measure it), then after it's steeped (I let it go for a LONG time, up to 10 mins sometimes, afterwhich I usually have to reheat the tea but I like it strong! ) I strain out the seeds with a little strainer.

Lately I've also been breaking up CINNAMON STICKS and putting them into the cup with the fennel. It's SOOOOO good! So sweet and yummy, especially good if you don't like the taste of fennel.

And yes, guilty - I reuse the seeds all the time! (for tea). You can also cook with them though, yum. You'd have ot let the seeds dry out first though I'd think...

How do you cook with fennel seed? new
      #179838 - 05/18/05 10:22 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Do you just add the entire seed to the food and eat it whole? Aren't seeds bad to eat whole?

Also, food is good to add fennel too? I have some fennel powder and don't know what food it would taste good on/in!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3599

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review