Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: psyllium success stories!!! new
      #179562 - 05/17/05 09:18 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

hey thank you!! you answered all my Q's you take the powder-form psyllium im guessing, right? right, and I take the fine grain...if you compare the cheaper stuff in the HFS it is ground courser than the Konsyl..BTW, don't forget to mix it fast and drink..it thickens up with lightening speed--start with a low, low dose and work up from there... i so far have only come across the capsules but still have some more places to check! i used to take fiberchoice too--the orange ones from jewel right? right (is jewel a drugstore?) do those work well for you? i had alot of problems with them and other SFS sold at jewel like benefiber, fibercons and the fiberchoice. thanks again for your reply! You're welcome..yes Fiberchoice can be hard for some people because of the inulin. Acacia seems to be the easiest on the tummy....Try Walmart for Konsyl...it's cheaper there than anyplace I've found..but almost any drug store carries it. The capsules of psyllium are ok to take..you just have to take a lot of them to get enuf fiber. Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#179577 - 05/17/05 11:22 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

do you get the same effect if you mix the powder into a fruit-smoothie? i mix acacia in smoothies i make sometimes---other times tea. it thickens that fast?? i remember using citracel and it did the same thing!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#179610 - 05/17/05 02:05 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i would actually like to incorporate some more of that into my diet but am *terrified* of having gas attacks that is how my C always starts. there is a vegan korean food restaurant that cooks with alot of seaweed! and i love a soup that has it in it but am unsure of how to use it in daily dishes [mostly dinners] any tips?? i would still kind of like to try the psyllium *just to see* if i have a reaction b/c i may not. im thinking my breathing most recently was aggrivated by the stress from my long working hours, the rapidly changing weather, and my horrible bloat. i tend to take deep breaths alot to cope with heavy bloat/nauseasness. i dont know why though.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

You're welcome! I bought Orange flavored Metamucil new
      #179623 - 05/17/05 03:14 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

the other day in Wal Mart, and it's powder, and goes for about $8. It's tacky to buy but not as "eating disorder" appearing as buying laxatives!LOL!

I buy the natural sugared flavor.

And as far as the capsules go, hmm??I don't know. But you could go to a HFS andf get the capsules and put the powder inside. i did that with kelp on one of my weight loss quests. it worked fine. The kelp did f* all!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I'm severely(2 attacks a day) asthmatic new
      #179624 - 05/17/05 03:16 PM
_Willow

and it's never bothered me. But then again, it's just me.

Weird huh?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

It does thicken fast, that's why i have it in a smoothie. _nt_ new
      #179625 - 05/17/05 03:24 PM
_Willow

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#179676 - 05/17/05 06:46 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Did the sea veg. give you a "gas" attack? Personally, I find it really helps with digestion!

Incidentally, sea veg. contains "alginates" which are good for bowel cleasing. I just learned this. Incidentally, "alginates" are in a lot of "laxatives." (i.e. "ex-lax tabs.) No joke. "Ex-lax" tabs. also contain acacia. Weird, huh?

I just add sea veg. to smoothies, juices, soups, salads...I love to eat dulse like a carnivore might eat jerky! I love rolling my own sushi for a quick breakfast or lunch with nori. Spirulina, or chollera is a great source of protein and amino acids for me; a wonderful cleanser of toxins and polluntants, too.

Earlier you had inquired re: the green apple juice cure.
It's basically a "gall bladder flush." There's another one involving lemon juice and olive oil (yes, drinking it) but the apple juice one works better. The malic acid in the apple juice is excellent in dissolving the stagnant bile accumulated in the liver and cleans you out. After three or four cups, on an empty tummy, you should be cleaner. It's kind of like cleaning the gunk out of a coffee pot with vinegar or cleaning a drain plug. The malic acid dissolves/collects the crap out of you--it's got that kind of attractive, purging action.

Sorry to be so graphic and to plug up the boards with this babble. If you're prone to bloating and asthma skip the psyllium.

Do you do any yoga, meditation? Does your diet contain enough "bulk?" Are you eating enough times a day?

Kandee, if you take ... new
      #179697 - 05/17/05 07:57 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

3 tablespoons of psylium at night, how do you get in the necessary liquid that is recommended to drink after taking the fiber?

Do you take the Konsyl in a cup of water and then drink another whole cup of water after that? Isn't the necessary to move the psylium through you?

But then wouldn't you be up all night with a full bladder? Aren't you too full at night (after eating all day) to add even more fiber to your body

Re: You're welcome! I bought Orange flavored Metamucil new
      #179700 - 05/17/05 08:14 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Drug stores and grocery stores seem to have all the varieties, though some places don't carry anything but the powder. I don't know where you are, but I get the capsules at Longs Drugs and Albertson. Cookies too. The capsules should be pretty widely available.

#179814 - 05/18/05 09:11 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Quote:

1>> is psyllium the only SFS you take?? No, I take it only at night and during the day I take 1 tsp of acacia (2.5g SF) and about 5gSF of citrucel capsules.

2>> is it ideal for replacing other SFS? Only at night, as kandee said

3>> does it work better when taking something with it like acacia? or miralax?? I take either magnesium or miralax daily and it works, so... probably

4>> whats your dosages?? I take 1 tsp at night, which is about 1.25g SF.

thanks *SO* much in advance for any feedback!!!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12540

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review