All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
C question
      #179389 - 05/16/05 02:13 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Not that this is a big deal, I just want to hear some imput. I had a convention this weekend which means 6 hours minimum of sitting each day. So I did everything right and felt great Saturday. I drank enough, took my acacia, ate right and worked out in the morning.
Sunday I had 1/2 C and a little bloaty feeling coming on. Again I did everything right, worked out, had acacia, ate right (including veggies in pasta salad), drank tons of fennel tea and water. I supposed it might have come from the sleepy time tea on Saturday BUT then today I had full C! Which I don't get much anymore- not at all. I feel fine but I am wondering if it is only because of the sitting or could be something else. Would sitting that much really make me C if I am stable and doing things right? Is anyone suspicious of sleepytime tea? I don't think it could C me for 2 days. Any ideas would be appreciated. I know next time I will take my Phillips chews to be safe.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: C question new
      #179401 - 05/16/05 02:37 PM
becky130

Reged: 05/15/05

Hi there, I am a student and 3 days of the week (Mondays,tuesdays and Fridays)I am sat in lectures for 6 hours of the day where as wednesdays and thursday I only have 2 hours in the morning then a 3 hour break then followed by another hour. Every Tuesday morning, wednesday morning and Saturday mornig (every morning after sitting for 6 hours) I have Bad C and bloating. Where as the other mornings I dont D is a problem! I spent ages trying to figure out why this was and the only explanations I could come up with was either sitting down for long periods the day before, or having to get up 2 hours earlier and i think they both contribute. when im having a good ibs day I try to be as active as i can, which helps stop me being C. I even made a point of missing monday and tuesdays lectures for a week and found the C was definately much better the following mornings so yeah I personally believe that sitting down for long periods does give me C, although getting up early also does! grrr to those early morning starts and 6 hours of lectures I think thats a good enough excuse to skip them

yes I forgot new
      #179431 - 05/16/05 05:22 PM
Little Minnie

I had also been thinking getting up at 5 contributed too. Ugh! It is like there is nothing really that can be done in that situation.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Was it bottled water? Were you somewhere else? new
      #179456 - 05/16/05 07:04 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I swear every time I go to a new place, I either get a massive C attack or a massive D attack. the water ALWAYS gets me.
Sorry to hear you feel ucky.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#179495 - 05/16/05 10:45 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

if youre usually active, then perhaps the long sitting did contribute. do you usually go to long conventions like that??

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#179497 - 05/16/05 11:02 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Tamara, I'm a severe "C" and travel makes me more C no matter what..whether it be sitting long hours, walking long hrs....it doesn't matter. It's simply being in a different place. It's and internal type of stress whether we feel stressed or not. Even women without IBS report more "C" when they travel. For me it's the time to take the "big guns"..of which I won't mention here but let's just say it involves (temporarily ) adding herbs to the familiar home routine. When I do that I avoid the proverbial C condition that I know will always happen unless I prepare for it. Kandee

--------------------

Soretummymommy new
      #179515 - 05/17/05 05:58 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I only drink bottled water...tap water in Houston is like drinking from a fish tank (no not really but you get the picture ). What is with bottled water causing "C"?

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#179557 - 05/17/05 08:48 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I always get C when travelling. I think when you throw off your routine it can just happen, even if you're eating right.

#179567 - 05/17/05 09:48 AM
kateL

Reged: 12/14/04
Loc: Camano Island, WA

You did everything you possibly could have done to combat C. I call myself IBS-a, but when traveling or working a night shift, anything that offsets me I get C. When traveling (not that this is good) I usually bring something for emergencies.

question response
      #179613 - 05/17/05 02:40 PM
Little Minnie

Thanks all! That is what I figured. I wasn't travelling BTW only 30 minutes away and packing my own lunch and all. But I did not get C at my last convention last summer and I think it was because I was getting up about 7 then exercising and then sitting all day and this weekend and yesterday I got up at 5. So the plan is to do everything I did and take a Phillips chew on convention days (night before). BTW too I am back on track already. When you are pretty stable a "bobble" like this doesn't last too long.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2732 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4005

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review