All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I want to add Zelnorm to my diet
      #179063 - 05/14/05 11:00 PM
john g

Reged: 05/14/05

I'm in deep despair. I have tried every diet thing. Soluble fibre which should help, actually constipates me more. My problem is chronic consipation, and severe bloating, with the occaision episode of diarrheae usually after ingesting caffeine. Has any taken Zelnorm? It works great for me, but I have not taken it over 2 weeks. Can I take it for life? Thanks. John

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I want to add Zelnorm to my diet new
      #179131 - 05/15/05 01:13 PM
kateL

Reged: 12/14/04
Loc: Camano Island, WA

John, I recently started taking Zelnorm a week and a half ago and have had fairly good results. I am IBS-A but I believe the D is mostly from getting too C. I'm afraid that alot of people who would benefit from this med thing they cannot take it because they have D but truly are C. Anyhow, you can take Zelnorm for longer periods of time but as I have read the drug seems to become less effective over time. I am not sure why this is. The Zelnorm does not only help with C but it helps the hyper visceral pain that alot of IBS sufferers experience. Helps gas too. I have not so much been pooping up a storm but my pain is so much better and I am not bloated. The Zelnorm has enabled me to take SFS without diff. According to my GI and this site the SFS really helps IBS. So I don't know if this helps. I surely hope someone is doing some research and trying to find out why Zelnorm cannot reap longer lasting results.kate

if you are found to have chronic ideopathic? constipation, you can new
      #179176 - 05/15/05 04:39 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

stay on Zelnorm for ever. It's great, it's helped me a ton. I have my energy back.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1546 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 589

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review