All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Started new job
      #17890 - 08/20/03 05:46 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

I posted awhile back about a job interview I went on. I got the job and I finally started Monday. It's a nurses aide position. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time.The first 2 weeks are training and then we start on the unit we are assigned to. I like it so far but my only concern is having a queasy stomach due to the IBS. I was curious if anyone else is in the medical profession and how they handle certain situations. Any advice would help! Thanks and I will keep you guys posted!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Started new job new
      #17894 - 08/20/03 06:15 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Congratulations on your new job! I'm not in the medical profession, but, in general, I would just recommend that you eat super-safe foods the first few weeks and pack your little emergency kit (for me, it's Imodium, bottled water, Phazyme - and my Rx anti-spasmodic). (BTW, when I know I'm going to be under extra stress, I make sure I take my Rx as directed - 4x a day - to prevent an attack if possible). Get plenty of rest, try to reduce other stressors as much as possible, and just don't "anticipate" the problem too much. If you get an attack, it's no different than if you caught a tummy "bug" - I wouldn't elaborate too much about the IBS if anything occurs - because it might not happen more than once. Hopefully, you'll have understanding co-workers and supervisors - and you'll just enjoy your new venture!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 847 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 434

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review