All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: extreme bloating new
      #178487 - 05/12/05 08:46 AM
simone444

Reged: 05/11/05

It is nice to know that I am not alone with the clothing wearing problem. I had to make tailor made clothes just to be able to wear something. I can only wear the Vanity Fair panties with the very thin waistline and size large. It is also not nice to know there are so many people suffering from this incurable problem and I hope you are doing well with the Miralax. I had never heard of it but I will look into it and thank you so much for your advice. It is very helpful.
Simone

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: extreme bloating/undergarments new
      #178490 - 05/12/05 08:50 AM
simone444

Reged: 05/11/05

I also have not worn bras in several years and only one brand of panties (I only have 5 left and have to find this brand again somewhere). I feel relieved that I am not the only one with this problem. The doctors were no help and told me I was exaggerating. Thank you for your sense of humor and I wish you the best.

Simone

I'm IBS-D, but here's something to consider for C new
      #178491 - 05/12/05 08:57 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

A while back, while looking for something else, I found a series of posts on Will's Green Apple Juice. I kind of wondered why no one was talking about it anymore. Then I found this post by Kandee about that post. I'm referring you to Kandee's post so you'll get the sense of how to use Will's green apple juice cure. From there you can get to the original post.

You'll see that Kandee's post is over a year old and, like I said, no one is talking about this anymore. So you might want to wait a day or so to see if anyone speaks up about it. It's possible some people had problems with it but it's also possible the knowledge just got forgotten. I'm amazed at how much information is buried in the Boards.

I posted this a short time ago in response to another comment about needing a cure for C and got zero response, so I would definitely wait a few days to see if anyone has anything to say about it. It might be worth a try though, if nothing else seems to work.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Thanks Sand! new
      #178500 - 05/12/05 10:27 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

It definately is worth trying. Now just got to get a juicer, but well worth the money. When I think about all the money I spent on SFS that are now just sitting in my cupboard!

Vanity Fair panties new
      #178501 - 05/12/05 10:30 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Hey there. Do you get the briefs or low cut of vanity fair? Do you find one more comfortable than the other? And do you just go up one size, or more?

I'm in search of new undies, as I only have one pair left of my comfy pair, and they redesigned them so they have a tight waistband in the newer ones.

Re: extreme bloating new
      #178551 - 05/12/05 12:54 PM
catlady

Reged: 06/05/04

Passanie,
Actually I have been to a GI doctor. He diagnosed me with a redundant colon (very long colon with lots of twists and turns.) An herbalist at a health food store told me about the Eat Right For Your Type book. As a vegan, I'm not going to start eating animal protein. I also read that there's not a lot of scientific evidence to back up the info in the book. I'll have to try the fennel tea! Thanks.

Re: extreme bloating/undergarments new
      #178552 - 05/12/05 12:59 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I can't stop laughing WITH YOU (not at you, by any stretch of the imagination)! Thank goodness I'm not completely alone in this. We're LIBERATED individuals, I suppose! I just cannot bear/tolerate panties/bras.

Re: Retrograde new
      #178556 - 05/12/05 01:54 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Awww, it takes a lot more than that to razz me, lol

Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad that new folks feel so comfortable and welcomed here, I know I did when I joined. Full disclosure: I do consider myself mostly stable yes, but I do have lapses now and then, usually every month or so (like the last few days ) Working on it though!

Olga Panties at Sam's! new
      #178558 - 05/12/05 01:57 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I found Olga panties that are so soft, you barely know you have them on. They are in a package of five or six for about $10.00.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: What if Fennel doesn't work? new
      #178587 - 05/12/05 04:36 PM
jhoffa1986

Reged: 05/09/05

This is something I have been trying, unsuccessful, to solve.
I have awful bloating this is as bad as it is inconsistent.
Some weeks I look like a potatoe coach who never exercises, other weeks I have no bloating.
When I get bloated, not only does my stomach get fat, but my arms get thin. It feels like all the muscle from my arm has been drained, moved, and converted in my stomach into fat.
Does anybody else have this?

Now, the doctor told me maybe I should go off wheat, it could be a gluten intolerance.
I was tested for celiac and wheat allergy, and I don't have it.
What I don't understand and what makes it impossible for me to know what I should eat is that 2 weeks ago I ate cheesecake, dairy, and was fine within the following day, this week I have veggie cheese with casesin, I am c, and bloated.

Two weeks I had sandwiches with potatoe bread and white bread, that made me feel less bloated, this week I eat a bagel, plain, and I feel bloated, guys what does this sound like?
I am lost with this bloating, it makes no sense, dairy, bread, it is inconsistent, what can I do to stop looking and feeling so bad?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2869 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18060

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review