All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Please Help!!! New Acacia User...
      #177609 - 05/09/05 08:04 AM
ang1

Reged: 05/08/05

I really need some help here. I started using Acacia last Thursday. Did the 1/2 tsp twice a day for a couple of days. I had been ibs-C for about a year, before that ibs-D. All of the sudden I am ibs-D, again. Did the Acacia do this? I've been closely following the IBS diet. Very, very strictly for the last week and half because my stomach pain was so bad. Hardly any fat at all, almost no insol. fiber. Mostly just rice and rice products. I don't want to give up on Acacia. What should I do?????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please Help!!! New Acacia User... new
      #177663 - 05/09/05 10:26 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Maybe you need to start with an even smaller amount. Are you allergic to any of the gums, like guar gum etc? Acacia is in the gum family, do a search I think this was talked about before. Did you read the post-it about starting the Acacia on the IBS Diet "home page"? I spread the amount I use throughout the day. Everyone responds differently to the different sfs, maybe another one is better for you. Hope this helps.

--------------------
IBS-D

#177664 - 05/09/05 10:30 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I doubt seriously the Acacia would have done a big switch like that with only a few doses. I started at the 1/2t twice a day, and other than the immediate releif from the bloating, it didn't help the C until I got to a higher dose. But, everyone is very different with this, so it could be a culprit. If you started the diet at the same time, I doubt you would switch so quickly though. I'd give it at least a month with gradual increases before I gave up entirely. Just my 2 cents. I know it is frustrating! Hang in there!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#177671 - 05/09/05 10:49 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I was practically always a C and I used 1/7th of a tsp to start and had the worst D ever!! So after 3 days like that I gave up - I assumed I must have been allergic. This does not mean this is what is wrong with you - it would be a shame to miss out on this chance if it will eventually help, like it has so many people. BUT just wanted to let you know what happened with me. Good luck.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Thanks new
      #177681 - 05/09/05 11:39 AM
ang1

Reged: 05/08/05

Glad to know that at least it happend to one other person. I'm not going to give up. I'm just taking a few days off, sticking really close to the diet and then I'll try again. Maybe with a smaller dose.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 609

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review