All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
overeating!
      #177432 - 05/08/05 09:57 AM
Kemi

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: MO,USA

i started taking zelnorm about a month and a half ago,i dont get hungry as much as i used to when i frist started taking it but i get bored and just pig out and im not even hungry!i was anerioxca now im forming an eating disorder were i over eat..if i dont get hungry or have a bm i get severaly depressed.what should i do?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

kemi, new
      #177437 - 05/08/05 10:38 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I often overeat when I'm very C. For some reason it seems to calm the gut, it's like putting more in me cools the contractions.

Plus, Zelnorm speeds up how fast your food goes through your body, so when it's working correctly, you should be hungrier I think.

How are you doing for fibre? Are you doing some insoluble? And you sound like you need to get some sunshine outside. I swear that Vitamin D from the sun helps me to eat a lot less.

of course, this is coming from a girl who's a lot fatter than you, so you can listen to me, or you can choose not to.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: overeating! new
      #177455 - 05/08/05 01:33 PM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

I can relate. I am not on zelnorm, but I too had an eating disorder and was very thin. Now I am just the opposite. I am not overweight, but I could be. when I get bored or anxious I overeat terribly. I struggle to keep the weight thing in check. i am about 8 pounds over what is comfortable for me. I am C too and when it is acting up or I am bloated all I want to do is eat. I wish I was some help. I am trying to get out and walk and keep working out. When I feel good I don't anxiety eat as much. I also try to dress nice even on weekends-when I feel like I look good it encourages me to be good. try some good tunes too-they help.

Mary

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

Re: kemi, new
      #177486 - 05/08/05 05:07 PM
Kemi

aww your are so cute!lol..you do not look fat to me!!!i know when i go outside in the sunshine it makes me less hungry,that is so werid.before i started zelnorm i couldnt get hungry for nothing!but now im alwayz getting hungry which makes me so happy!but just overeating...to much!

Re: kemi/overeating new
      #177491 - 05/08/05 05:46 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

What foods are you over-eating? Are you over-eating sugars/junk? Sometimes stressed-out/depressed people over-eat
processed sugars, junk--empty energy. It's due to low serotonin levels.

#177506 - 05/08/05 07:06 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i have the same problem as you. i overeat all the time and before that i dealt with [and am still dealing with..] anorexia. its just not fair that i force myself to eat right and i have to look like this all bloated puffy and gross i took zelnorm a looooong time ago but i saw no change. i havent been using pharmacuticals so it kind of sucks even more b/c i try to find natural stuff. i am in so much pain tho!! i dont know what about food it is that makes me eat so much but i, like you, eat when i get bored, anxious or if im C--which ironically enough makes me more C. sorry that i am not much help either but wanted to relate. like soretummymommy said, dressing nice encourages "goodness" hehe, i buy lots of cute clothes and when my ibs is feeling GREAT and i wear my nice clothes, i feel 110% better! *hug* hang in there

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: kemi/overeating new
      #177546 - 05/08/05 08:59 PM
Kemi

well...yes!guailty as charged!!!lol..ive been eating choc pudding,tons of icing,cake,rice krispys...i just get these horable cravings for them though!!!

The reason I suggested sunlight.... new
      #177558 - 05/08/05 09:38 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

is that it's one of the easiest ways to boost your serotonin. Do you fake and bake? I find when I stop for a while, my mood dips hardcore.

And thank you so much for being so sweet. I am currently 5"2 and 186 lbs, but it's down 10 this month!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: kemi, new
      #177679 - 05/09/05 11:28 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Kemi,
You poor thing; Im sorry to hear that you are having some tough moments. It is completely understandable. I, too, am experiencing "trouble" with over-indulging out of frustration with my C and pregnant belly! Like you, and many others, I am a recovering anorexic and, no doubt, the C and bloating and all the "eating issues" associated with GI problems are probably the "cruelest joke." What has helped for me has been to get rid of those "TRIGGER FOODS." Literally, throw them out and replace them with IBS-friendly foods. Because, chances are, if you are feeling frustrated with your belly, or sad, or anxious, whatever...You are going to reach for that quick pick-me up to distract your attention away from your belly pain. Plus, at times, it feels like IBS is somewhat uncontrollable (how can you be eating as you should and yet still have these symptoms?), and so it makes sense that you turn to food for comfort or, at the very least, if you overreat then you have an excuse for "feeling crumby." But I call tell you that it is a viscious cycle, and esp coming from an eating disorder, you need to take control of your diet and your body. It's hard, but you will find once you get rid of those bad foods, your tummy will be more cooperatiev and your emotions will be more in check. Plus, if you tend to overeat sugary foods, they completely throw your body out of balance so you are on a "sugar high and low" kick which completely disrupts what you are feeling emotionally and physically!!!

I hope this is helpful; i know it is hard and frustrating, but you've beaten it before!!!

Hang in there!!!

Kristen

#177680 - 05/09/05 11:37 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm right there with you *hugs*

I was anorexic and now I binge...

Feel free to e-mail me Ruchily@yahoo.com

Lots of hugs!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3805 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4118

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review