All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Levsin/Hyoscyamine question
      #177010 - 05/05/05 09:36 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Hey guys. I've been taking hyoscyamine, the generic of Levsin for a while now when I need it. I just switched pharmacies and they gave me the kind you dissolve on the tongue. Do these work as well?

Also, there's all these big warnings about causing drowsiness, dizziness and blurred vision... I don't remember the pills you swallow having those warnings. Perhaps they did and just weren't as big, but it makes me nervous. Input anyone?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm on this right now new
      #177011 - 05/05/05 09:55 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Actually, I got a limited prescription because I'm seeing a GI doc at the end of June....but I took them for about 2 weeks and experienced NO side effects. No drowsiness, dizzines, etc. However, I also can't say that it did a lot for IBS. Maybe it did, but I haven't been on long enough to notice a difference yet.

--------------------

Re: Levsin/Hyoscyamine question new
      #177022 - 05/06/05 04:15 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

I was on the kind that youswallow- and experienced all the drowsiness,dizziness, blurred vision, urinary retention. Needless to sa I discontinued them.
But there are people on this board who do take them and swear by them. I guess everyone os different.
I never took the dissolving ones. Sorry I can't help on that avenue.
Melissa

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

#177029 - 05/06/05 04:57 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I have a script for the kind that dissolves on your tongue. It's the only med I've been prescribed, so I can't really compare it with anything else, but I will say it works pretty fast.

I haven't experienced the blurred vision, but I HAVE experienced the drowsiness. It makes me very relaxed. When I was taking it daily, I felt like I could nap all day every day. It's not quite so bad if I only take once a week. I try to take it at night, but it doesn't always work out.

Oh, I also experienced dry mouth when I was taking it daily. So I drank more water. That's good for us anyway.

#177032 - 05/06/05 05:04 AM
kidsx4

Reged: 04/02/05
Loc: Fairfax, VA

My son has been taking Levsin...the kind that dissolves. We find that it works quickly and the only side effect he had was excessive thirst. But as someone mentioned, drinking lots of water is good anyway.

It works pretty fast because.... new
      #177039 - 05/06/05 05:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

you are dissolving it under the tongue. Digestion begins once you put something on/under your tongue! And actually this speeds digestion as opposed to swollowing a pill capsule which goes to your tummy!

Thought you might be interested i knowing this

Have a super Friday!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: It works pretty fast because.... new
      #178897 - 05/13/05 07:02 PM
freeda

Reged: 05/08/05
Loc: SW Michigan

They work fine for me, and quickly. I hate taking it because I think the mint is nasty, though. lol

--------------------
Knowledge is power.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 975

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review