All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: how stop eating so much junk! new
      #177024 - 05/06/05 04:19 AM
melissam

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: Scranton Pennsylvania

Are you on any AD's? I thought I remember you saying you started on Zoloft...

--------------------
Melissa
Pain predominant w/occasional C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I have just gone to a new happy place.... new
      #177026 - 05/06/05 04:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as we move to our new place I must dig up our food processor! (It is packed away as we haevn't had a use for and we move so frequently we keep as much as possible in boxes )

Kate...this sounds delectible!

I have sooo many things to look forward to! Spinach patte is it (Laurel...can you send me a link to that post...I think it was yours...)...Papaya puree....my wolrd of food is opening up wide before my eyes!!!!

*major happy dance*

It's 4:40 in the am and I had a migraine ALL DAY yesterday...I am just so very happy t be alive (even though sleep would be fun right now...this is just as nice! )

Sorry if I'm rambling

Thanks Kate...you made my bad attitude great! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Instead of blending/processing...Retorgrade new
      #177787 - 05/09/05 04:17 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

would mashing work? I bought a papay and I am PSYCHED! I plan to have some on a rice cake tonight!

Also...you mentioned something in a post not too long ago about spinach processed of some sort...do you recall what it was? You have yummy ideas....thanks!!!!

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Instead of blending/processing...Retorgrade new
      #177795 - 05/09/05 04:32 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey Ruchie

Mashing would probably work since papayas and mangoes are so "mashable" Might be a little chunkier but that could be good in a popsicle.

I think the spinach thing you mean is a pesto-like sauce I do often with canned/drained or fresh/steamed spinach - throw it in the blender with some water or veg stock, minced garlic and dried or fresh (steamed) basil and blend it up. Especially good with pasta, on eggs etc... Also good with some chopped almonds or pine nuts thrown in

Enjoy your papaya!

Re: Enjoy your Papaya, Ruchie! new
      #177955 - 05/10/05 09:17 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Papaya is my ultimate favourite fruit. Like Retrograde said, mashing will work, it will just be "chunkier." Once you dig up your food processor, you'll be having a blast!

Retrograde's popeye pesto is wicked! Enjoy. Isn't she creative!!!

Re: Enjoy your Papaya, Ruchie! new
      #177956 - 05/10/05 09:25 AM
Wind

It's hard trying to think up names for all these impromptu creations that are never exactly the same twice! Do you have herbs, Ruchie? Man, my chives are EXPLODING today!!! Seriously...herbs really make my day. I like that spinach one, though--popeye pate, popeye pesto...oh dear. Quick question: How do you tolerate avocado? Spinach with a little avo. and herbs is divine...so velvety creamy and BETTER for you than CHEESE.

Re: Kemi, the science behind chocolate/junk cravings new
      #177983 - 05/10/05 11:42 AM
Wind

Kemi and others recently have posted re: exceptional "junk" food/sugar cravings, especially chocolate. Another food mentioned was cheese. Both substances negatively impact IBS; they are TRIGGERS.

I dug up a VERY interesting article re: the SCIENCE behind chocolate cravings. Please see www.chocolateinfo.com for further details, and read "Understanding the Theories Behind Craving Chocolate."

After having read this article, the "cheese" cravings that many experience make sense, too. Cheese is really high in tyramine. I hope that these "ideas" re: the science behind chocolate cravings are helpful in any behavioural modification endeavours.

Sincerely,
Kate (Wind).
Ibs-D

Re: More info. re: Chocolate cravings, Kemi!!! new
      #177990 - 05/10/05 11:59 AM
Wind

I promise that I won't ASSAULT you with articles and information after this, unless desired! Here's another "beauty" re: chocolate cravings. Please take a peak: www.chocolate.org/ Sometimes when we have a degree of understanding, i.e. a mental grip on the chemical science or attraction behind cravings we can make appropriate nutritional substitions, ones that are more appropriate for IBS. It's also interesting in the sense that sometimes we physically crave things that we're not getting enough of in our diet.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 877 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5156

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review