All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bad attack
      #176385 - 05/04/05 04:24 AM
3grands

Reged: 05/03/05

Hi, I've been away for some (reading messages often though). Everything seemed under control for months but as of Sunday night I have been in agony. Extreme cramping in the right back area and the usual things don't seem to be working to relieve what I think is trapped gas. Guess I'll go to the Dr today because 4 nights of not sleeping is getting to me. What is the BEST thing to do when one is having an attack? Does anyone else have this last for days like this? Judy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bad attack new
      #176523 - 05/04/05 10:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Remember that us IBSers can still get tummy upsets and viruses...which will trigger off the most stable of us. So it could be that. Or triple check what you've been eating. Sometimes attacks seem to have no reason tho.

Have you tried SFSs, fennel tea, heat pads and exercise? That's what I use for trapped gas.

#176556 - 05/04/05 12:09 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

for a bad attack I curl up with a hot water bottle and feel sorry for myself while cursing the fact that its the only thing that will ease the pain...

--------------------
S.

#176607 - 05/04/05 01:32 PM
3grands

Reged: 05/03/05

Thanks...the Dr thinks it's a pulled muscle along with trapped gas so she gave me a prescription for Dicyclomine to help the spasms...I AM using lots of heat!!

#176789 - 05/05/05 07:52 AM
RobinV

Reged: 01/08/05
Loc: wayne,pa

3Grands, I just went through a similar thing. I just started to drink more water and not eat any cookies, cake anything that would have that fat in it. And now I am ok.

#176944 - 05/05/05 04:11 PM
dozyveeny

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: UK

A couple of days ago, I went to the doctor for something similar - severe pain in my lower right side and back, bad enough to wake me up at night. I thought it might be a kidney infection, but he did a urine test that came back okay and he said it was pretty normal with IBS and to drink peppermint tea - an enlightened doctor! He also said it could have been triggered either by my recent colonoscopy or by the prep. Thankfully, the pain stopped the next day anyway. Have you tried drinking peppermint or fennel tea or taking the peppermint caps? I hope the pain goes away soon!

Josephine

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4011 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1191

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review