All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Still Hurting, still wondering, still scared
      #17622 - 08/18/03 07:39 AM
tinam

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Florida

I have been reading so much about IBS, Colitis, and Crohn's. I have been also remembering just how long this has been going on with my body. I am about to break down and go to a doctor soon. This is driving me out of my mind and I don't think I can take much more. But there is still a little part of me that says it is just a stomach bug. Even though I have had this almost my whole life. Maybe I don't want to know what it is? I just know I am exhausted and want my life back. It has been so bad the past month. Worse than ever. I don't want to eat so I won't get sick. I am weak and tired all of the time.

I have through my reading (thanks Heather) discovered that when I did eat I ate all the wrong things. Greasy, fatty, foods. Artificial sweeteners (daily), diet coke, chocolate. I have cut down from 6-10 diet cokes a day to 0-1. Yeah! I didn't think I could do it but I did. And no more chocolate for the past two weeks.

I also live in Florida and it is very HUMID. I also went from a nice peaceful life to a high stress one because of many changes in my home. I am really trying to chill out and eat right.

This site is so informative. I really appreciate it and check it often. Thank you all for sharing....

God Bless,
Tina

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 13:2

--------------------
Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; Psalm 55:22

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Still Hurting, still wondering, still scared new
      #17625 - 08/18/03 08:13 AM
andie18

Reged: 08/07/03

Wow... u have such strength!!! To change your diet so drastically with such willpower, I'm very impressed. I am doing my best to cut back on my own vices (coffee & alcohol). So best wishes and keep up the great work!!

Andie

#17635 - 08/18/03 10:21 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Wow, Tina, good job on the sodas (that's a toughie!) and on your courage to make these changes! Speaking as someone newly diagnosed with IBS, all that information can be really overwhelming, can't it!? I was really freaking out when I was waiting for my tests and all, reading about Crohn's and all the other scary stuff.

But it sounds like you've been dealing with this for so long it's just wearing you out emotionally and physically. You just need to muster up that last little bit of courage and go get checked out by your doctor. Believe me, the worrying is worse that anything else- good news, bad news, even news you're not sure about... it's all better than living in fear! Besides, as I'm sure you've picked-up, your symptoms are very likey to INCREASE in frequency and intensity from STRESS!

No matter what you find out, there's always some steps that can be taken, and I think it's better to be making progress than sitting around wondering... And if there's ways to make you more comfortable, than it's worth it to go get checked out.

Everyone on this board seems really friendly- I'm sure they're more than happy to give you all the support you need as you go through this.

Good luck! You can do it!

*j

--------------------

#17681 - 08/18/03 04:56 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi, Tina -

Sounds like you're just exhausted and that's making it even harder to take care of yourself. My own experience is that when I'm exhausted, I don't make great decisions and I tend to "default" to doing nothing because the effort required even to make a decision about what to do next is almost too much. Make sense? Do you have a friend who's a real encourager, who can share some of the burden? I have some great friends that I can talk to - they act like a sounding board and help me sort out what I should do and then they hold me accountable (at my request!) to go ahead and DO something. Just taking the first step seems to take a load off my shoulders because I know I'm not just standing still. If it's been a while since you've had a really thorough physical, maybe you could talk to your doctor about that - just some simple blood work, etc, nothing too awful. It sounds a wee bit like you might be concerned that you might start the ball rolling and end up being poked and prodded and tested more than you've got the energy for. Just take it one step at a time - but try to take a step. Don't allow fear and exhaustion to keep one foot nailed to the floor - you'll just keep going around in circles - I know! As a Christian, I love Paul's letters to the churches, especially Philippians. He tells us to "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7. I'm praying for that peace for you, Tina!

Blessings,
Kaybee C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 656

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review