All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
acacia vs metamucil
      #175895 - 05/02/05 03:29 PM
Rose44

Reged: 04/26/05

I have been using acacia for a few days and do not have the bloating I had with Metamucil but it does not seem to be working as well as metamucil with fecal movement. I now seem to be more constipated than usual. My question is how long before I get better or should I go back to Metamucil and what else could I do? I suffer with a fissure and it seems to be returning after only a couple of days of constipation and this is a great worry to me. Please help with my decision as the acacia is such a better fiber supplement - no taste, etc.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

FISSURE AND IBS new
      #175899 - 05/02/05 03:46 PM
SEWRIGHT

Reged: 04/23/05
Loc: ONTARIO, CANADA

It seems to run together fissures, fibramyalsia and IBS.
I had fissures about 20 years ago and had to keep going into emerg., take meds, etc. and usually they had to cut them and drain in emer. room. Finally had the oper. and they have not returned !!!! That was when my IBS started
the big D right after the operation. I got fibramyalsia 8 years ago and the IBS became worse. I am not at the point of a porta potty in my van. I am on the detox for liver, bowel, etc. and ONLY eating the IBS way but I am still running (pun I guess).
This is a terrible way to live and unable to work with the FM and IBS which does not make husband very happy as he truly does not understand. I would like to be able to at least walk but so afraid I would have one of my spur of the moment ......
I am go glad this forum is available to at least be able to talk about it with others who understand what I am going through. Thanks to Heather and All SEWRIGHT

Re: acacia vs metamucil new
      #176028 - 05/03/05 12:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

What dose are you up too? Some C's find they need a bit of the harsher SFSs like Metamucil as well as something like Acacia. Could you maybe take a dose of Metamucil in the evening and Acacia the rest of the time?

Re: acacia vs metamucil new
      #176144 - 05/03/05 09:33 AM
Rose44

Reged: 04/26/05

Thanks for the reply. That is a good idea. I will try that. I am taking a rather high dose of both, 4 TB. at a time, and have been taking Metamucil for years as it has always worked. The pain in my lower left side seems to have lessened with the fiber supplelment. Again I really want the acacia to work as it is so much more pleasant than metamucil but can only get it online. Do you know any health food stores that carry this? I live in Denver, CO.

I've got one too - ouch! -nt- new
      #176153 - 05/03/05 09:48 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1213

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review