All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I don't understand...
      #175801 - 05/02/05 12:33 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

EVERY time I am at work I get horrible, painful gas and bloating beginning mid-morning and lasting until after dinner time. This does not happen to me on the weekends. Is it possible that simply being at work instead of home could be a trigger? I do not eat any differently at work than I do at home and I wouldn't say that I get particularly stressed at work. I just don't understand why this only happens at work.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I don't understand... new
      #175805 - 05/02/05 12:42 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

it could be that you are sitting still at work? are you? in which case, exercise may be a great healer for your IBS!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#175808 - 05/02/05 12:45 PM
MCV

Yes, that could be it!!! I didn't think of that. I sit in front of a computer all day long. Maybe I should try to start taking walks every so often. I do try to get up and move a few times during the day, but you know how it goes when you're busy - you just forget to get up!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#175809 - 05/02/05 12:50 PM
Kirksirishrose

Reged: 04/30/05
Loc: Michigan,USA

I know when I am sitting for a long time that I get very gassy also. Try to get up every hour and walk a little. It will help

--------------------
Red Headed Irish Gal with a Tummy Ache
IBS-C

I get the same thing new
      #175811 - 05/02/05 12:51 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

As soon as I get to work & have something to eat (it could be anything) I get terrible gas/bloating. I agree that it's because of sitting but I've also discovered that I focus on my IBS much more when I'm at work than when I'm home doing something I enjoy. Whenever I think about it, it always gets worse. I don't really get stressed at work either but it's still not as much fun as being home playing with my dogs! I can also let the gas out much more easily at home than when I'm at work. That reduces stress thus less gas/bloating. Try having fennel tea throughout the day or take fennel caps. They seem to help me since I can't really walk around too much at my office.
If you find any other solutions, please post them.
Meryl

Re: I get the same thing new
      #175812 - 05/02/05 12:57 PM
MCV

I typically drink a large cup of Eater's Digest Tea (peppermint, fennel and ginger)during my ride in to work. Then I have another cup at about 2pm. I'm going to try to start incorporating some walks during the day to see if that helps. I find that I do not get much relief from the pressure and pain until after I have a BM and that typically doesn't happen until after dinner.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

I'm much worse during the work week and at work.... new
      #175819 - 05/02/05 01:05 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

STRESS!!! Does it every time! I so look forward to the weekend and some relief!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: I'm much worse during the work week and at work.... new
      #175826 - 05/02/05 01:16 PM
MCV

I think I need to change my job to one that allows me to work from home. Wouldn't that solve the problem? I only wish this was possible!!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#175839 - 05/02/05 02:02 PM
stevensa

Reged: 09/12/04
Loc: Texas

School was very problematic with me. Last semester, I got very gassy & felt uncomfortable while in class. Many times I would leave class or skip entirely. While walking back to my car, my stomach "magically" felt completely better. I did the 100-day hypnosis program and I was able to complete this semester. It really helps w/ anxiety issues.

#175903 - 05/02/05 04:12 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I am the opposite, I run around crazy at work all week and work full time. I am sick when I am at home at night, on weekends or days off. Unless I am having a bad IBS day I don't even really go to the bathroom at all during an 8 hour shift. I can remember in the past where I was sick everytime I wa sta work but I was not as busy as I am now and I didn't eat properly. Taking my breaks, bringig alot of food and snacking all day has really helped me.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2194 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 858

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review