All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
sugar help
      #175529 - 05/01/05 02:09 PM
frustrated daughter

Reged: 05/01/05

I'm 15 and I've had IBS ever since I can remember. Until recently my mom and I haven't been very informed on this condition. See, we've always thought that sugar has been a MAJOR trigger. Reading up on this site we've heard that it's not the sugar, but the high fat content & HFCS in candy and chocolate, the sugary items. So lately I've been trying organic low fat rice crispie treats, graham crackers, and I just made some low fat chocolate cookies I found on here. But still they all hurt my stomach . I had one TINY cookie...and I feel bad. Does any one have a suggestion or any help or just anything???? I was so excited to learn that I could have low fat sweet things, but I'm just totally dissapointed to learn that I probably can't now....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: sugar help new
      #175561 - 05/01/05 05:32 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Welcome! And hang in there! When I was first starting out on the diet, I couldn't have ANYTHING with sugar in it - even low fat, even the ultra-safe homemade stuff that you find recipes for here on the site and in Heather's books. Your system is just really aggravated right now, and trust me, the best thing you can do is stick to the diet and give yourself time to recover and stabilize a little. When your guts aren't so touchy anymore, you'll most likely be able to eat the sweet stuff again.

I know it sucks... but it's only temporary, and it's totally worth it!

Re: sugar help new
      #175566 - 05/01/05 05:48 PM
frustrated daughter

Reged: 05/01/05

Thanks so much for the reply. This diet is so much harder than I thought it would be! But I'll do my best and resist the sweets for awhile.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 483

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review